• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New mod for SB AoTR coming soon!
04-05-2020, 02:29 AM,
RE: New mod for SB AoTR coming soon!
Update, testing about done for the scenario's I made. Am thinking of releasing what I have so far, but am going to go ahead and add in the French, Belgians and Brits as well, so early war stuff will be covered in this title.
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2020, 02:50 AM,
(04-05-2020, 02:29 AM)Warhorse Wrote: Update, testing about done for the scenario's I made. Am thinking of releasing what I have so far, but am going to go ahead and add in the French, Belgians and Brits as well, so early war stuff will be covered in this title.

Hi Warhourse
This is really good news, but watch out for mission creep, Would it be better to split you mod into several parts?

Initially the base mod covering the Hungarian Slovak war, Case White and Operation Barbarossa. Sounds like most of this is ready to go now.

And following that a number of theater specific add on’s . Western Europe, the Balkans etc. There are a fair number of scenarios for  “Squad Leader”, “Advanced Squad Leader” and “Steal Panthers WW2” that could be converted here.

Also bearing in mind the planned release of East Front III where possible could some of your scenario maps be in multiples of 25 by 25 hexes so as to facilitate the creation of East Front III micro scenarios based on them please ?

JTS’s release  of the map editor for the “Squad Battles” and “Early American Wars” series has opened up almost infinite possibilities for mod creation, but guess its best to try and resist the temptation to bite off more than one can digest in a reasonable time.

Kind regards
Ian
04-08-2020, 12:24 AM,
Hey Ian, I would release the initial one right now, but am still testing the scenario's I made, just about done then will perhaps do just that! My Korean War one same deal, testing that out right now as well.
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

04-14-2020, 01:42 PM,
Ok, well decided, after noticing that the dates for AoTR were only two years, to port this over to PW that covers from 1939-45. Sorry about that, but since am adding all this stuff in, am just going to make sure it covers it all. Will be installments, as soon as I finish up the French, will get a few scenario's together using Belgians and French, to go with the Polish ones, will release that, then work on Brits, Danes, Dutch etc. After that will add the later war stuff, the goal is for this to cover the whole thing in one, eventually.
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

04-15-2020, 03:33 AM,
(04-14-2020, 01:42 PM)Warhorse Wrote: Ok, well decided, after noticing that the dates for AoTR were only two years, to port this over to PW that covers from 1939-45. Sorry about that, but since am adding all this stuff in, am just going to make sure it covers it all. Will be installments, as soon as I finish up the French, will get a few scenario's together using Belgians and French, to go with the Polish ones, will release that, then work on Brits, Danes, Dutch etc. After that will add the later war stuff, the goal is for this to cover the whole thing in one, eventually.

Hi Warhorse
Yes it makes sense  to is Pacific War to cover the full date range. For the Norwegians, Danes, and Swedes as well for that matter, a good source of information is “Sword of Scandinavia Armed Forces Handbook, by  Ronald L. Tarnstrom published by Trogen Books, Aug. 1996. If you look on Amazon he also has an equivalent book “Balkan Battles” covering Turkey, Greece, Albania, Bulgaria, Yugoslavia, Romania which you might find of use also.

Armed Forces of World War II  by Andrew Mollo also has good details on the  Norwegians and Danes as has Hitlers Blitzkrieg Enemies 1940 by Nigel Thomas published by Osprey.

My copies of these books are all boxed up due to redecoration of my study, otherwise I would be happy to scan the relevant pages for you.

There is also quite a lot of information to be extracted on TOE’s at company level and below for all the armies you are covering from Steel Panthers WW2,  which in a sense you will be  working in parallel to with your mod.

Kind regards
Ian
04-15-2020, 03:47 AM,
Hi Ian, thanks for that, am having a blast doing this! When I get a few Belgian/French scenario's done, would you have any interest in helping to test them?
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

04-15-2020, 04:13 AM,
(04-15-2020, 03:47 AM)Warhorse Wrote: Hi Ian, thanks for that, am having a blast doing this! When I get a few Belgian/French scenario's done, would you have any interest in helping to test them?

Hi Warehorse
Yes indeed I think you have my email address for the mails we have exchanged on the Great War mod.

Kind regards