• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New mod for SB AoTR coming soon!
10-22-2019, 07:10 AM,
New mod for SB AoTR coming soon!
I helped Rich Hamilton and the fellows with the SB updates, doing graphics and such, fell in love with the series, am almost done a mod I am working on that continues with what I was doing for the releases. I added all the missing early Rumanian, Hungarian kit, added more German Russian vehicles, and am almost done with the Polish! Made most of these top down vehicles from blueprints, so taking some time, but very happy with it. Redid all the armor, weapons penetrations and such, so this is a mod separate from the official release, but based on the files. Armor combat seems to be more realistic now, and all the added units are awesome. Trying to put together a scenario for each of the additions to showcase them, Hungarian, Rumanian, and right now a Polish one. Stay tuned.

[Image: Bzura.jpg]
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
Quote this message in a reply
10-22-2019, 11:13 AM,
RE: New mod for SB AoTR coming soon!
Wow - looking forward to it. A new lease on life for the Squad Battles series!
10-22-2019, 05:34 PM,
(10-22-2019, 11:13 AM)KEYSTONE07950 Wrote: Wow - looking forward to it.  A new lease on life for the Squad Battles series!

Guess as we now have the map editor there could be more of an incentive to create more mods for the series as building maps to use for scenarios for them will be so much easier.

Had a look at the map editor this morning and it seems pretty similar to the Campaign Series one. (which JT designed in the first place of course) Will we get some PDF notes on how to use it at some point ?

Also had a bit of a play around and it also appears to work with the Africa At War mod and RSOE.

Also I think SL & ASL had a number of early war Polish scenarios that might be brought to life in this now mod ?

Regards
10-22-2019, 10:42 PM,
If you look in the Notes folder of the installation - there is a pdf entitled Map Making Tips.
10-22-2019, 11:28 PM,
Great News Mike!

It looks great so far! Thumbs Up

Thanks
10-23-2019, 06:26 AM,
Thanks Chad! @ Ian, yes, just need to find the scenario's, just remade one from JTCS EF, it's rather large, but SB is short on those type battles.
@KEYSTONE-thanks for your interest, shouldn't be too much longer!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

11-25-2019, 01:38 AM,
Update, ended up adding in Slovakia, Yugoslavian Partisans, and Bulgaria as well for some Balkans fun as well. Testing the scenario's now.
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

12-11-2019, 10:19 AM,
Update: screenie showing a Slovakian counterattack on the main Hungarian line at River Okna/Akna, just in front of Nižná Rybnica. The brief border war between Hungary and Slovakia is represented here as well! The Minor Nations Mod has a nice representation of lesser known conflicts of WW2. This scenario is a night attack at 2300 hours, lots of illumination rounds to light up the area for Hungarian arty attacks. Made for H2H, but the AI is doing quite well as the attacking Slovaks! I could use a few testers of veteran SB enthusiasts for this and quite a few other lesser known creations!

[Image: SB%20AoTR%20Counterattack.jpg]
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

12-11-2019, 05:08 PM,
(12-11-2019, 10:19 AM)Warhorse Wrote: Update: screenie showing a Slovakian counterattack on the main Hungarian line at River Okna/Akna, just in front of Nižná Rybnica. The brief border war between Hungary and Slovakia is represented here as well! The Minor Nations Mod has a nice representation of lesser known conflicts of WW2. This scenario is a night attack at 2300 hours, lots of illumination rounds to light up the area for Hungarian arty attacks. Made for H2H, but the AI is doing quite well as the attacking Slovaks! I could use a few testers of veteran SB enthusiasts for this and quite a few other lesser known creations!

Wow, that is near where I live (I´m a Slovak). This brief war is mostly unknown to the Slovaks themselves, not speaking about abroad, never thought I would see it in any game  Helmet Smile Looking forward to that, great job!!
12-12-2019, 07:26 AM,
(12-11-2019, 05:08 PM)Fhil Wrote:
(12-11-2019, 10:19 AM)Warhorse Wrote: Update: screenie showing a Slovakian counterattack on the main Hungarian line at River Okna/Akna, just in front of Nižná Rybnica. The brief border war between Hungary and Slovakia is represented here as well! The Minor Nations Mod has a nice representation of lesser known conflicts of WW2. This scenario is a night attack at 2300 hours, lots of illumination rounds to light up the area for Hungarian arty attacks. Made for H2H, but the AI is doing quite well as the attacking Slovaks! I could use a few testers of veteran SB enthusiasts for this and quite a few other lesser known creations!

Wow, that is near where I live (I´m a Slovak). This brief war is mostly unknown to the Slovaks themselves, not speaking about abroad, never thought I would see it in any game  Helmet Smile Looking forward to that, great job!!

You are quite welcome, should have this ready before Christmas if all goes well. Want to make one more scenario covering the Slovaks move against Poland as well! More good stuff to follow release!! I have a lot of books about the lesser known nations involvement, which I like better than Russian/German, American/German, etc.!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue