• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Hell stopped in
09-12-2019, 09:53 AM,
RE: Hell stopped in
I'm like one of those North Carolina groupers we hook fishing off shore.
You get about 1-2 seconds to snatch their big butts up out of their hole before they literally blow themselves up and jam themselves in the hole so tight you ain't snatching that devil out for love nor money.

That's my hole...
Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2019, 10:36 AM,
Hey Dan, 

Good to see ya!! Whip

What ya doing besides chopping up grouper? Whistle

Don't tell me, your working on Ohio's weather radar because deep down in your heart you really feel for us "Corn Landers" and you know our radar sucks! ROTFLMAO

Hope your doing OK brother!!

cheers

John Cigar5
09-13-2019, 12:43 PM,
Hey John:

We're fine...Dorian spared us and slammed the Outer Banks/Cape Hatteras.
And if I get to feeling sorry for myself I just look at those poor islanders in the Bahamas.
Total devastation.

As for me, I'm doing well...retired...getting fat...had a scare but all good now...working on getting back in shape...

You should see the scenarios I'm working on.
Nothing like having TIME available.

I thought my new Dunkirk scenario was about as wild as I could get...after the North African desert romp...but now I'm doing a Japanese Invasion of California.
I'm not going to apologize.
 Easy now East Coasters...we DO want to keep California...if for nothing else...entertainment...
 Easy now West Coasters...I'm one of ya's...I just happen to live on the Atlantic Ocean nowadays...

For those curious and inquisitive Blitzers...I identify as Bi-Coastal.

Mapping the Bay Area (they will land south and north of San Francisco) I am struck by how NASTY that terrain really is.  The Bay is a tidal mud flat for the most part.  Going to be some tough sledding.
Fun stuff...fun stuff...and challenging to take the terrain types available in Rising Sun and apply them to a North American locale.  Interestingly enough, California (especially the Bay Area) had and still has some extensive rice paddies, so that's actually working well.

Back during the war the Bay Area also had some massive gun emplacements along the California cliffs.
Up to and including 16 inch cannons.  Those will prove challenging.  All 1 strength though.  Makes them hit and miss weapons.  You either get no effect, or they get a colonoscopy.

The family plan is to crawl in our trailer and do the stereotypical retired old fart tours of the National Parks, Canada, and Mexico.  While in Canada I plan on hunting Cam down...just not sure how big a rifle that's going to require...;)
Big Laugh

Actually...as busy as I've been since retiring...I'm really not sure how I had any time for work...lol...

We have two slobber knockers going now testing the new Desert scenario.
Rommel looks like he will indeed take the Suez Canal.
Monty's pissed...so is George...and for once not at each other

I've got em all slaving away...Tiger88...kernelt...Laz...dawags...von tirpitz...and Tony the Tankless... Whistle

Nothing I love better than unpaid beta testers!
Get to gaming you lazy bastards!

Hamster Wheel Respect Respect3 Respect4 Party
09-13-2019, 12:49 PM,
Yes "Antonio" better known as Tony...
I was smack talking ya's...I have to hate all Antonio's now...I'm a Raider fan...
No cheap shots please.
Grew up in Oakland, not my fault.

There is this receiver you may have heard of who just joined the Sith Lord on the Death Star in New England?
Antonio Clown?
Yeah...that's the guy...I hope karma catches up with him...what a jerk...
10-05-2019, 10:05 PM,
(09-13-2019, 12:43 PM)Dan Caviness Wrote: Hey John:

We're fine...Dorian spared us and slammed the Outer Banks/Cape Hatteras.
And if I get to feeling sorry for myself I just look at those poor islanders in the Bahamas.
Total devastation.

As for me, I'm doing well...retired...getting fat...had a scare but all good now...working on getting back in shape...

You should see the scenarios I'm working on.
Nothing like having TIME available.

I thought my new Dunkirk scenario was about as wild as I could get...after the North African desert romp...but now I'm doing a Japanese Invasion of California.
I'm not going to apologize.
 Easy now East Coasters...we DO want to keep California...if for nothing else...entertainment...
 Easy now West Coasters...I'm one of ya's...I just happen to live on the Atlantic Ocean nowadays...

For those curious and inquisitive Blitzers...I identify as Bi-Coastal.

Mapping the Bay Area (they will land south and north of San Francisco) I am struck by how NASTY that terrain really is.  The Bay is a tidal mud flat for the most part.  Going to be some tough sledding.
Fun stuff...fun stuff...and challenging to take the terrain types available in Rising Sun and apply them to a North American locale.  Interestingly enough, California (especially the Bay Area) had and still has some extensive rice paddies, so that's actually working well.

Back during the war the Bay Area also had some massive gun emplacements along the California cliffs.
Up to and including 16 inch cannons.  Those will prove challenging.  All 1 strength though.  Makes them hit and miss weapons.  You either get no effect, or they get a colonoscopy.

The family plan is to crawl in our trailer and do the stereotypical retired old fart tours of the National Parks, Canada, and Mexico.  While in Canada I plan on hunting Cam down...just not sure how big a rifle that's going to require...;)
Big Laugh

Actually...as busy as I've been since retiring...I'm really not sure how I had any time for work...lol...

We have two slobber knockers going now testing the new Desert scenario.
Rommel looks like he will indeed take the Suez Canal.
Monty's pissed...so is George...and for once not at each other

I've got em all slaving away...Tiger88...kernelt...Laz...dawags...von tirpitz...and Tony the Tankless... Whistle

Nothing I love better than unpaid beta testers!
Get to gaming you lazy bastards!

Hamster Wheel Respect Respect3 Respect4 Party

Ah Danno, bro.. you forgot to mention in that long asrsed post of (in)sanity.. that your bucket list includes ACTUALLY beating the Devil like a stepchild, without some odd-balled fecking interruption.. ( mostly my excuses.. AND... brother,.. I do apologize public- ally here), I am waiting on EF3..  and Jason knows I am ready to be a participating, Truly Demonic, yet artistically, composed, (muhwhaaaaa) contributor.. My Respects to your OLD ASS farting gaming fool... But you ain't gonna cap my arse when we get down to it. :P
Luv ya bro!  Great opponent thus far in our few clashes!
Game to live, live to Game!

Dev
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
10-05-2019, 10:10 PM,
(09-13-2019, 12:49 PM)Dan Caviness Wrote: Yes "Antonio" better known as Tony...
I was smack talking ya's...I have to hate all Antonio's now...I'm a Raider fan...
No cheap shots please.
Grew up in Oakland, not my fault.

There is this receiver you may have heard of who just joined the Sith Lord on the Death Star in New England?
Antonio Clown?
Yeah...that's the guy...I hope karma catches up with him...what a jerk...

ROTFFLMFAO..   Steelers Fan here my friend, I am so glad they dumped that Brownish turd and his Bell looking splishy patty for real men.. We might be losing our shit, but at least it's with players.. not vaginas..
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
10-06-2019, 12:40 AM,
So just a poll of sorts.. do most of you like those historical scens, or are you entertained by some random WTF scen?.. I have 2 very large designs just waiting on the EF3 code to be sent to me.. Understand that I've read, studied, played, and dissected many EF battles, and I've been satisfied with the results others have built.. I lean towards "gaming" when I design tho.. you must find the key to win.. I like to give you so many options, but only one will win.. if the static standard development, brings you satisfaction, I'm not offended.. I probably liked it myself.. But, if a twisted, warped, evilly designed scen, that just bends your gaming style, rewards your time.. be prepared..
Dev will build.
10-06-2019, 11:36 AM,
(10-06-2019, 12:40 AM)RedDevil Wrote: So just a poll of sorts.. do most of you like those historical scens, or are you entertained by some random WTF scen?.. 

Historical is fine, but not when there isn't balance, otherwise, though illustrative, it's just not much fun.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
10-06-2019, 11:46 PM,
You really want to make a drastic change, get the guys to find a way to make objectives hidden. Each player has their own obj that the other player cannot see until the game ends. Play it again with same side and objs will change. Different every time it is played. Some or all could be the same or different.

Another random thought.
10-07-2019, 03:33 AM,
Quote:You really want to make a drastic change, get the guys to find a way to make objectives hidden. Each player has their own obj that the other player cannot see until the game ends. Play it again with same side and objs will change. Different every time it is played. Some or all could be the same or different.

Another random thought.

You can have this kind of flexibility with the new Variable Objectives.

1-30[25]... this means that for 30 turns, the objective is worth 25 to both sides (not cumulated, it is what it is)

1-20[25] 21-30[5]... this means that for 30 turns, the objective is worth 25 to both sides and then from turn 21 to 30, the objective is worth 5 to both sides. (not cumulated, it is what it is)

For the following, when Fog of War is in effect, you only see what your Side Objectives are worth.

1-30[0/0]... this means that for 30 turns, the objective is worth 0 to Side A and 0 to Side B. (cumulated per turn)

1-30[1/0]... this means that for 30 turns, the objective is worth 1 to Side A and 0 to Side B. (cumulated per turn)

1-20[1/0] 21-30[10/0]... this means that for 20 turns, the objective is worth 1 to Side A and 0 to Side B, but on turns 21 to 30 the objective is worth 10 to Side A and 0 to Side B. (cumulated per turn)

1-20[1/0] 21-25[10/0] 26-30[0/30]... this means that for 20 turns, the objective is worth 1 to Side A and 0 to Side B, but on turns 21 to 25 the objective is worth 10 to Side A and 0 to Side B and then from turns 26 to 30 the Objective is worth 0 for Side A and 30 for Side B. (cumulated per turn)

And many, many variations of the above.
Send this user an email