• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Bug with AI Assaults ? Please Check
07-13-2019, 12:16 AM,
RE: Bug with AI Assaults ? Please Check
Copy, once we have the fix in we'll get a hot fix posted for France '40 until we can get a full round of updates posted.
Quote this message in a reply
07-13-2019, 04:41 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-13-2019, 04:41 AM by wiggum.)
(07-13-2019, 12:16 AM)rahamy Wrote: Copy, once we have the fix in we'll get a hot fix posted for France '40 until we can get a full round of updates posted.

Thank you Sir !  Helmet Smile
07-13-2019, 10:40 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-13-2019, 10:41 AM by Sgt_Rock.)
(07-10-2019, 07:24 PM)Strela Wrote:
(07-10-2019, 07:02 PM)wiggum Wrote: Any news on a fix for this Bug ? Is John Tiller already working on it (maybe someone knows) ?
Currently its keeping me away from PzC (and away from purchasing another title) since its basically pointless to play against the AI in many scenarios (and i play mostly against the AI).
Hope he is already working on it.

Greetings.

As mentioned, John is aware of it and it is in his queue.

As written to you separately, this will only be rolled out as we do patches for each title. We're not going to magically patch all 22 titles for this single issue, but once we have enough other issues. For all that are wondering, we have halted the release of the patch for Japan '45 to ensure this fix is in it - just in case you're wondering.

I also want to be clear that though the AI may not auto assault across a bridge as discussed, I have found that this is not an absolute showstopper. In the Minsk scenario that was specifically called out in this thread, I tested extensively and I saw the AI manage to infiltrate across rivers using engineers and/or shoot to death the defenders on the bridge. The infiltrators were very happy to assault any defenders when they were on the same side of the river. So I didn't find that AI completely hobbled from this issue.

I also want to mention that it has been said many times that the AI is better on the defence than the attack. To stop playing the series due to this flaw is a pity as you are focusing on what is a pretty rare occurrence; AI attacking across a river to take a bridge.

Anyway, that will be your call, but this fix once available may still take quite a while to make it to your favourite game.

David

Yes, try playing the Japanese vs. the Marines in the Western Beaches scenario ;) The AI Marines basically walk all over your troops. On the other hand the AI US Army forces seem to have a harder time and that is because the Japanese they face are A or B morale with some C morale guys mixed in. It just all depends on the matchups sometime.

FYI - as David will attest and you guys can check via the Scenario Editor, I am using regimental and sometimes battalion scripts for the AI's troops. This leads to more individual attack routes than in the past. I am still new to this series as a designer and want to give you Solo players a good experience as much as possible.

As I continue to work on the games my goal will be to improve the scripts to where there are delays in attacks so that the AI has time to recover from Disruption, recover from Fatigue, etc. Thanks to so many of you that continue to play the series. its come a long way but still gives me much enjoyment as a player and now as a designer too.
09-01-2019, 12:53 AM,
(07-13-2019, 04:41 AM)wiggum Wrote:
(07-13-2019, 12:16 AM)rahamy Wrote: Copy, once we have the fix in we'll get a hot fix posted for France '40 until we can get a full round of updates posted.

Thank you Sir !  Helmet Smile

Just want to make sure you saw that a France '40 update was posted that addressed this issue.
09-02-2019, 03:17 AM,
(07-12-2019, 10:41 PM)rahamy Wrote: As has been noted, David has been able to recreate this issue so it can be resolved. We do not however stop all other activities to issue hot fixes - unless we have a crash bug which renders the program completely inoperable...which almost never happens.

Once it has been resolved - which it's in line behind a couple of other things for other series - we'll get the Japan '45 update out. If there's a specific title that people are having this issue in right now I'll look at issuing a hot fix for that title, but we're not going to issue hot fixes for 22 games. The fix would then be rolled out in the normal patch process.

While we did have a rather long lag time on the Panzer Campaigns series where no updates were released and no new titles, we have multiple games in the works now - so it is not planned to have the huge lag again. We will not set a definitive timeline however as there are many factors that impact things. Not the least of which is that JT is the only full time person, and the only programmer for this, and most of the other series of games.

Maybe look to having the Market-Garden '44 game updated (higher priority) since there are a ton of bridges in that one for the AI - Allies to cross. Just a suggestion ... not sure how the scripts work in that one for the Allies ....
09-02-2019, 11:53 AM,
(09-02-2019, 03:17 AM)Sgt_Rock Wrote: Maybe look to having the Market-Garden '44 game updated (higher priority) since there are a ton of bridges in that one for the AI - Allies to cross. Just a suggestion ... not sure how the scripts work in that one for the Allies ....

Yes I think Market Garden needs to be looked at. I recently finished a campaign game against the AI and I stopped 30 Corps at Eindhoven, as the AI wouldn't assault across the bridges. This meant that about 40 turns into the game all the airborne units had been destroyed (British and US) while 30 Corps sat south of Eindhoven.
09-03-2019, 02:30 AM,
I believe Market Garden campaign is meant to be played as Allied human, as it is too much for the AI to handle offensive tasks on such scales. Probably the same goes for basically all scenarios that are longer than 10-20 turns.
09-03-2019, 08:51 AM,
(09-03-2019, 02:30 AM)All_American Wrote: I believe Market Garden campaign is meant to be played as Allied human, as it is too much for the AI to handle offensive tasks on such scales. Probably the same goes for basically all scenarios that are longer than 10-20 turns.

Fair enough. It wasn't much fun anyway. Then again playing as Allied was more enjoyable, the AI definitely put up a better fight.