• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Panzer Campaigns Japan ’45 – Operation Olympic Released!
05-05-2019, 01:04 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-05-2019, 01:33 AM by ComradeP.)
RE: Panzer Campaigns Japan ’45 – Operation Olympic Released!
They would still need to be able to see the unit spotting them at the start of the turn of the side the unit belongs to in order to know they've been spotted. If an enemy unit drives up to them and moves out of line of sight, they won't "know" they've been spotted.

This is also why Fixed units are not released simply because an enemy unit moves adjacent to them, even if the Fixed unit fires: they need to be able to see an enemy unit or be fired át by an enemy non-indirect fire unit in order to be released.

As to the game: it looks great. I didn't expect its release to be imminent.

I really like the variation in Japanese unit defence and speed values between the infantry division types.

It's a bit curious that Japanese LMG's have a range of 3, but the units are small so it's not much of a gameplay issue. It allows the Japanese player to utilize some light harassment fire, which is fine. What might be a problem is that long range fire isn't very effective, so they might spend their fire actions firing at long range targets.

I'm not sure if it's worth a hotfix, but Shima-Jima has no supply source, so all the units on it pop up in the isolated units part of the Japanese command report.

Edit: The Type 90 75mm's also have motorized movement whilst they show a horse transport icon, but that might be intended to make them more difficult to move around when not on roads.
Quote this message in a reply
05-05-2019, 09:53 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-05-2019, 09:56 PM by Xaver.)
Buyed yesterday, not a lot time to try it but enough to say is a great title, very refreshing specially when you dont see Soviets or Germans... well, are americans but 50% new is a step in the correct direction Big Grin2

I really find attractive the scens, even when there are a lot of landing scens, that are not my favourite scen type, but the after landing scens are more interesting compared with the offered in Sealion40, breakout scens and after breakout, specially i find interesting a pair of japanese counterattack scens, i dont remember that kind of scens in Sealion40, in general variety of scens is correct and are offer options for different kind of players, i admit i have fear to see Japan45 like Sealion40... a little limited in the type of scens but i can say Japan45 outside the campaign is very well equiped with different kind of scens.

In general i like a lot the title, art is great and scens offer interesting situations for players (i really like lack of bunkers evne when americans have a good set of flame in land and flame in air) and of course have Japan as new nation in PzC universe with all the diferent units and OOBs add more value to the title.

Maybe only "negative" thing i find in the title is the to homogeneous Japanese colour... maybe use different counters to diference between 1st and 2nd line units (specially when diferences are very high between them, a lot more than between soviet regular and guard units for example) made more visual learn what you have and what you are facing and add more colour to the map

I am going to buy Japan46 for sure, only bad thing is i am unable to wait to made a megabuy and use the discount when you buy 200$ of quality and fun Helmet Wink

A little question... i dont find the japanese navy infantry units... they are in the mixed brigades integrated with other army units/soldiers without diferenciate between army and navy??? thanks.

PD: could be great if PzC can explore now other campaigns/battles/wars outside the original PzC scope.
05-06-2019, 11:03 PM,
British battleships have no Defense value in the OOB (in-game they have a yellow Defense value of 1). Is that deliberate or a small oversight?
05-07-2019, 02:38 AM,
(05-06-2019, 11:03 PM)ComradeP Wrote: British battleships have no Defense value in the OOB (in-game they have a yellow Defense value of 1). Is that deliberate or a small oversight?

I did fix this at one time. I am not sure how this version of the British ships crept back in but we will fix it in the first update. The defense value should be a 14 or 15 depending the thickness of the armor (vs. the US BBs having a 15).
05-07-2019, 04:48 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-07-2019, 04:48 PM by ComradeP.)
Kagoshima has no beach hexes near it, the reinforcements you can send there arrive in water hexes.
05-08-2019, 05:12 AM,
Talking about ships... why BBs lack AA value??? is intentional??? is a little strange see the biggest AA plataform in WWII (mounting light AA, for med to heavy were CLs designed for dual work AA-surface combat) with no AA defensive value.

Something i find strange is the low hard attack value in american units... i remember read about the use of bazookas to crack japanese bunkers (a better and more effective hard attack weapon compared with the japanese options specially when they dont have the 1942-1943 presence of AT rifles like did soviet army), maybe the use of trench over bunker in title made they dont need like japanese troops a "buff" to do their job??? and well, they have tanks to use them when you find a bunker.

In general i find game hard for attacker, americans lacks the amount of arty support of soviets and even when japanese are not the germans in quality-stats combo, terrain buff a lot the worst japanese units and oposite to germans japanese has the numbers on their side and americans could be burned a lot in attack, you need plan very well where, when and how attack.

Even when the title lacks east titles room to create movement battles i find it more fun than other pure defensive titles (Rzhev for example) and very different from the japanese side and all the diferences with americans and between their own type of troops.
05-08-2019, 10:44 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-08-2019, 11:09 PM by Sgt_Rock.)
(05-07-2019, 04:48 PM)ComradeP Wrote: Kagoshima has no beach hexes near it, the reinforcements you can send there arrive in water hexes.

This is happening in the campaign scenarios. For now do NOT choose a Strategy option that has "Kagoshima" in the name.
05-08-2019, 11:06 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-08-2019, 11:07 PM by ComradeP.)
I haven't found a scenario that has the beaches yet, but I haven't checked all of them. If it's not on the big map, it's probably not on any of the submaps.

This might be a version issue, with an update from you not being included and thus something you changed not appearing in later updates, like the British battleship Defense value.

If you kept a log of when you changed what, you can probably find out where something went wrong with the version update.
05-08-2019, 11:39 PM,
Thanks for bringing up the AA values. The US have the artillery that they would have had. Note: the big 8 inch gun units show up in the Coronet game.
05-09-2019, 01:29 AM,
45_1104_5 - Ariake Bay Beaches to Breakout
12:00 4 Nov 1945
Allied Cannon 172 IR, 43 Div

Lands at hex 60,32 which results in its destruction by the Japanese in about three turns. It is 4 beach hexes away from where the rest of the division lands.

In the 45_1104-4 Ariake Bay Beaches it lands at the same spot (only it is hex 24,11)

It just means that if you want to save the unit, you have to advance in that direction.