• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Panzer Campaigns Japan ’45 – Operation Olympic Released!
05-04-2019, 09:50 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-04-2019, 01:30 PM by Strela.)
Panzer Campaigns Japan ’45 – Operation Olympic Released!
After seven years it's great to get another game out in the venerable Panzer Campaigns series! It's even more exciting that we have moved for the first time to the Pacific for Japan '45 - Operation Olympic.

[Image: Blog%2065%20-14.jpg]

You can get more details on this release at the Wargame Design Studio Blog here; WDS Link

And purchase the game from John Tiller Software here; JTS Link

There are also free downloads of the game materials at the Tiller site.

Here are a few example images from in game (you can right click for full size);

[Image: Blog%2065%20-%202.jpg]

[Image: Blog%2065%20-%204.jpg]

[Image: Blog%2065%20-%209.jpg]

[Image: Blog%2065%20-%2010.jpg]

[Image: Blog%2065%20-%2011.jpg]

[Image: Blog%2065%20-%2013.jpg]

We hope you consider purchasing the game.  Helmet Wink

David
Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2019, 09:58 AM,
RE: Panzer Campaigns Japan ’45 – Operation Olympic Released!
Hi,
I just bought the game and I'm very exited to play. Starting it up now.

Thank you all at John Tiller games and the Wargame Design Studio for all the great work and those awesome games!

TMinus
05-04-2019, 10:08 AM,
This I think will be great game and a change of pace from the European games.
05-04-2019, 10:38 AM,
Enjoy guys! A TEAM effort for sure on this one. I am used to doing the games pretty much on my own, other than artwork and programming support and this was a pleasant change.

I have brought in three individuals to help me with the grunt labor and research work and thus this will cut down the production time a lot. My goal is to do the main work but get other folks on board not only for production time but also for the knowledge needed to accurately do this series justice.

So stay tuned for more games!
05-04-2019, 06:08 PM,
Congrats with the release gents! Thanks a lot for your efforts for these great JTS titles...
05-04-2019, 06:35 PM,
(05-04-2019, 10:38 AM)Sgt_Rock Wrote: Enjoy guys! A TEAM effort for sure on this one. I am used to doing the games pretty much on my own, other than artwork and programming support and this was a pleasant change.

I have brought in three individuals to help me with the grunt labor and research work and thus this will cut down the production time a lot. My goal is to do the main work but get other folks on board not only for production time but also for the knowledge needed to accurately do this series justice.

So stay tuned for more games!

Not am I only excited to play this title, but your post has me excited for future titles! I love Panzer Campaigns!
05-04-2019, 06:50 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-04-2019, 08:28 PM by wiggum.)
@Strela

I see you guys have re-intoduced the "spotted" icons on the unitboxes (colored bar above the nato symbol). *I was wrong, see Strelas respons below*. But i figured they were not really necessary anyway since i cant really see a use for it to know if my units are "spotted" or not. Generally, all enemy units you see are always "spotted" anyway so the only thing this tells you is which of your own units are "spotted" by the enemy.

So do i miss something here or is it really not important to know in 99% of the cases ?
05-04-2019, 08:17 PM,
(05-04-2019, 06:50 PM)wiggum Wrote: @Strela

I see you guys have re-intoduced the "spotted" icons on the unitboxes (colored bar above the nato symbol). They were missing from previous Gold releases. But i figured they were not really necessary anyway since i cant really see a use for it to know if my units are "spotted" or not. Generally, all enemy units you see are always "spotted" anyway so the only thing this tells you is which of your own units are "spotted" by the enemy.

So do i miss something here or is it really not important to know in 99% of the cases ?

We never removed the colour bar?

I just checked a few titles that we have given the Gold treatment to and they all have the yellow bar?

David
05-04-2019, 08:27 PM,
@Strela

You are correct. I dont know how i could miss this. Sorry
05-04-2019, 11:46 PM,
The thing about spotted units is unless they spotted a unit that spotted them, they wouldn't know they were spotted.