• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Horses.
03-01-2019, 01:24 AM,
RE: Horses.
(02-28-2019, 10:38 AM)Death~Dealer Wrote: Camels can carry halftracks!!!

I just tried it, wow...it worked.

Damned skippy...nice observation...
I'll adjust my panties...they did start bunching there for a second... Spit Hooray Target Target Horse5
Is there such a thing as beating a dead camel?
There is now...
Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2019, 10:07 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-02-2019, 03:54 AM by zap.)
Frank Zappa, called attention to one of my grade school/High School dilemmas. I could finally wear my shoes without shame.

His lyrics "Brown shoes don't make it your in school why fake it." Wink
03-02-2019, 01:18 AM,
Dan, I owned the vinyl "Shut up and Play Your Guitar". IIRC it was five or six records of just his guitar solos.
I was a geek. Rolling Eyes

And who can forget, "My Guitar Wants to Kill Your Momma"?

Farmer

HSL
03-02-2019, 08:45 PM,
I (unfortunately) bought that double album where he taped his debate with congress on 3 of the 4 sides. I have to admit, he was winning the debate, but I'd much rather hear him work his way though "Black Napkins".

The second time I saw him, Berkeley, open air theater, it was just him and 3 other players, and he played about 4 songs. Black Napkins he played for a long long time. Somehow it served as therapy I suppose, and he did have an improvisational style that worked for those types of long jams.

But 90% of the crowd was there to hear all those classics from his "Mothers of Invention" days.
Including me I guess, it was a very strange concert. Then again, it was Frank, and strange is what he did.

My Son in Law has introduced me to "Bloodhound Gang" and he says they picked up the mantle.
They are strange as well...they got that part right...;)
03-02-2019, 11:09 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-02-2019, 11:13 PM by Crossroads.)
(02-28-2019, 09:59 AM)Dan Caviness Wrote: HALFTRACKS should be ABOLISHED I say!!!...Bring back the CAMEL...here here nominated and seconded... Whip

We've got elephants in CS Vietnam. No flaming pigs though, at least not yet. 

For the fans of the ancient wars, there's the unstoppable force, and there's the immov... err... flaming pigs.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
03-03-2019, 12:08 AM,
Well...for the record I have some Flaming Stuart light tanks in my new desert scenario.
I named them "Stuart The Flaming Tank" and "Stuart The Other Flaming Tank".

Their commanders are Lt. Ronson and Lt. Zippo...;)

So flaming pigs do exist!
And monkeys will fly out of my...wait...check that last...

Prank Poster...hanging up now...

Camels are the new halftrack...it's official...will everyone be pissed when I assault with my unloaded dromedaries?
03-03-2019, 12:09 AM,
I expect Jason will get right on this and assign them a VERY HIGH assault factor!
03-03-2019, 12:23 AM,
Dan,

How about an assault factor of 250? Nice round number.

Then us scenario designers will come out with a whole new generation of scenarios featuring the hump back fellas. Camels assaulting Leningrad in '41? hmmm, that's doable. Propeller Hat

BTW did we ever have the conversation in the annals of quality assurance that

"A camel is a horse designed by committee!" ? Whistle
03-03-2019, 01:27 AM,
As an old CBM64er, I can confirm camels have  always been a prominent part of computer wargaming. 

You just don't cross a camel in a wargame, or live to tell about it, if you did.

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]
Visit us at CSLegion.com
03-03-2019, 01:28 AM,
^^ Note that the game was published by Llamasoft  Propeller Hat
Visit us at CSLegion.com