• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Horses.
02-26-2019, 07:44 AM,
Horses.
I am playing a game where I have cavalry, that's fine and they are quite mobile.
 I dismount my troops from their horses, but I can still move the horses with nobody on them, I am assuming that they are taken care of by somebody looking after them and they can move them, it that correct ? 
 The odd thing is, I can move them a bit further if I click on save action points for firing, can horses fire even when they are empty, sort of like halftracks ?
Quote:Sir Winston Churchill said they were the "Finest Regiment in the world" The Gordon Highlanders ,
Quote this message in a reply
02-26-2019, 07:51 AM,
RE: Horses.
(02-26-2019, 07:44 AM)Oldbones Wrote: I am playing a game where I have cavalry, that's fine and they are quite mobile.
 I dismount my troops from their horses, but I can still move the horses with nobody on them, I am assuming that they are taken care of by somebody looking after them and they can move them, it that correct ? 
 The odd thing is, I can move them a bit further if I click on save action points for firing, can horses fire even when they are empty, sort of like halftracks ?

Dismounted horses in the old Talonsoft version of CS were fixed, so easy targets. It was widely felt that a horse wrangler would have stayed with the horses and moved them to safer pastures, and bring them back to be mounted again. So Jason and the crew at Matrix implemented that in the first Matrix version of the game.

As for your second question, HA!, I don't think anyone ever thought to test that.  Smile Maybe Jason and the Matrix team will address that in the next update.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
02-26-2019, 05:07 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-26-2019, 05:08 PM by Oldbones. Edit Reason: spelling )
(02-26-2019, 07:51 AM)Scud Wrote:
(02-26-2019, 07:44 AM)Oldbones Wrote: I am playing a game where I have cavalry, that's fine and they are quite mobile.

Dismounted horses in the old Talonsoft version of CS were fixed, so easy targets. It was widely felt that a horse wrangler would have stayed with the horses and moved them to safer pastures, and bring them back to be mounted again. So Jason and the crew at Matrix implemented that in the first Matrix version of the game.

As for your second question, HA!, I don't think anyone ever thought to test that.  Smile Maybe Jason and the Matrix team will address that in the next update.

Dave
Thanks Scud, I have a few left and will try and see if they will fire at anything, conditions permitting, could be a bit of a revelation, unmounted horses take prisoners, headlines waiting to happen.
Quote:Sir Winston Churchill said they were the "Finest Regiment in the world" The Gordon Highlanders ,
02-26-2019, 07:27 PM,
"They Shoot Horses, Don't They?" was that a book movie or both?
02-26-2019, 08:11 PM,
It has to be the horse wranglers who can shoot
02-27-2019, 12:58 AM,
They could always treat them as a 1 strength HQ unit. But, if you dismount, then you should have your 6 point cav dismount as a 5. If you want that 1 for offense or a 6 instead of a 5, they could have the choice to abandon the horses. As long as they are tethered to the horses, they can defend ad retreat, no offensive capability. Abandon the horses, they become a 1 strength inf and do everything it can do. If they abandon the horses, they go on foot with their mounted strength.
02-27-2019, 06:07 AM,
No, horses cannot fire while the passengers are dismounted, just tried it, cost me about three points to find out.
So we wont be seeing unmanned horses assaulting and capturing a brigade of tiger tanks any time soon. If ever.
02-27-2019, 07:38 AM,
Not to mention CAMELS...they spit cud on the 2:1 fire table...
02-27-2019, 10:06 AM,
(02-27-2019, 07:38 AM)Dan Caviness Wrote: Not to mention CAMELS...they spit cud on the 2:1 fire table...

ooo, for a second there I thought you said they spit...oh nevermind.
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
02-27-2019, 08:12 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-27-2019, 11:13 PM by Crossroads.)
This thread has been rated R for sequences of strong cud spitting, language throughout, and some, err... LMAO
Visit us at CSLegion.com