• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Who's Playing What?
02-01-2019, 11:19 PM,
RE: Who's Playing What?
A few in each of CS, PzCs, PBs. Really busy making other people look good. :)
Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2019, 03:33 AM,
Currently I'm embroiled in 5 WF scenarios, and 1 EFII.
02-03-2019, 03:38 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-03-2019, 03:40 AM by Death~Dealer.)
HSL, I'm an even lighter weight than you- have 1 x WF game going against a mad man.

I miss Eric too- always was pleasure to play with and served his country proud.
02-03-2019, 09:57 AM,
Define "mad"...;)
02-03-2019, 10:47 PM,
As it goes, at the very moment I am playing Battleground 1: The Ardennes from 1995. What a cool game that was! I always thought the first Battleground game was Gettysburg, but there was this one WW2 game before they stuck to black powder era.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
02-04-2019, 02:06 AM,
(01-30-2019, 02:09 PM)Scud Wrote: I'm currently playing a couple of WFs, a WWI mod game and a Divided Ground (getting ready for the Viet Nam game). Anyone playing ME? RS?

Dave

Hey Dave - this is what I have going:

1 Vietnam Mod (from Jorge Grillo) - my favorite mod EVER!
1 East Front
1 Middle East
6 West Front (5 actual games & 1 Test)

Just FYI - if you like large and challenging games - then try Hill 112 in WF - Dan has created a masterpiece with this one. I am taking on JB as the Allies.

Dan - love the new bridge on the left side of the map...helps me take on the Kraut left flank!

Good stuff Commanders!
02-04-2019, 05:16 AM,
I'm downsizing my game commitments and not starting new games at the moment.  Some of it is the usual CS burnout that comes and goes over the years but I'm trying to formulate an idea before I put it out and see who is interested.

Some ideas:
- linked, campaign games.  At least one side will keep the same units and enter the next scenario units OOBs adjusted by losses and reinforcements.
- if campaign goes on long enough, potential for upgrades in weapons and also unit morale, etc.
- possibility of team game but have to keep it small, both for quick play but less chance of someone dropping out over a long period.
- will need a referee (me)
- games are not ladder games.  Think the ladder allows reporting games to get credit for playing but no extra points for major victory, etc.  The victory is in preserving your units for the next scenario but also successfully following orders.
- the campaign will be covered by a modified During Action Report (DAR) on a dedicated blog.  The DAR would post on the last scenario.
- everyone involved adds content.  Some can create maps for future scenarios while all should add content to the blog.  The blog wouldn't just be a DAR but also an advertisement for the game and the club.  I'm kind of, sort of, experimenting with someone along those lines here (https://wargamewednesday.blogspot.com/20...eries.html) with the V Panzer scenario (new post coming this Wednesday!).

Once I finish a couple more games I'll post and solicit ideas and see who is interested.
02-05-2019, 01:37 PM,
(02-04-2019, 02:06 AM)Tiger 88 Wrote:
(01-30-2019, 02:09 PM)Scud Wrote: I'm currently playing a couple of WFs, a WWI mod game and a Divided Ground (getting ready for the Viet Nam game). Anyone playing ME? RS?

Dave

Hey Dave - this is what I have going:

1 Vietnam Mod (from Jorge Grillo) - my favorite mod EVER!
1 East Front
1 Middle East
6 West Front (5 actual games & 1 Test)

Just FYI - if you like large and challenging games - then try Hill 112 in WF - Dan has created a masterpiece with this one. I am taking on JB as the Allies.

Dan - love the new bridge on the left side of the map...helps me take on the Kraut left flank!

Good stuff Commanders!

Thanks very much Mr. 88...we have had some fun with that one for sure...
02-06-2019, 07:49 AM,
I've got a SM 10 EF2 game going against Rebel at the moment. I generally play WF and EF2. I also have the WW1 mod on my computer; but, I just don't play it. I too do not see myself getting into the Vietnam or EF3 versions.
02-06-2019, 10:27 PM,
Currently playing WF . Two games going one with Tiger 88 and one using the newest and hopefully final version of V Panzer Campaign
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."