• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Who's Playing What?
01-30-2019, 02:09 PM,
Who's Playing What?
I'm currently playing a couple of WFs, a WWI mod game and a Divided Ground (getting ready for the Viet Nam game). Anyone playing ME? RS?

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
01-30-2019, 04:30 PM,
RE: Who's Playing What?
I am playing EFII and WF against one opponent and that works fine, I also play against another opponent in EFII and that's it. Three games which takes up an evening. So I have only a couple of opponents but I consider that quite busy. I think if I was to play more than that I would lose track of whats what.
I have played RS against the AI but not against a human, perhaps soon, the terrain always looks worse than the enemy in RS, to me any way.
I am still finding out the ways to actually compete, for instance LOS, Combined arms, Recon etc. That's the general stuff. Also I have recently found out how well a platoon of German engineers can do against tanks in city and town hexes.
BT7 tanks, are amazing. I have also found out that the correct tanks against infantry can smash infantry to bits.
Recon, I used to move them to the point of contact, but that is the hard and costly way to see what the enemy is doing etc. I try not to do that now, sit watch, move and repeat.
Quote:Sir Winston Churchill said they were the "Finest Regiment in the world" The Gordon Highlanders ,
01-30-2019, 08:49 PM,
Quite busy with JTCS actually which is a rarity for me.

PBEM's open right now, 7 usually have 3-4. Don't know why so many could be dementia setting in...

One going with WWI mod testing a design with Mike the fabulous Warhorse! Big Grin

Four going in West Front. One of those against the wild, wonderful and new resident to the Great State of Oregon...Scud! Rolling Eyes

One in Rising Sun in a tourney going at WGCG.

One in East Front II against none other than the amazing never boring Herr Straube Laufer. Farmer

Against the A/I: Barbarossa Campaign in EFII when I get to it. Last time I was there leaves were on the trees.

Still messing around with designs in CSME. Looking also to tackle against the A/I in either Nir's Dilemma or Sharon's Quagmire. Gutsy, I know, but tanks banging away at each other has an effect on me.
It must be my Croatian Slovak heritage. Whistle

Waiting patiently on CS'Nam but getting grumpy and antsy in the process. Waiting2

ItB Cigar5
01-30-2019, 11:42 PM,
I've become a light weight. Only two games going. Scale

One against a long time friend from Texas, 1925Frank and the other my new/old friend from Ohio, ItB. Rifle4

I miss Eric Bonner. He was a consistent and fun opponent. God rest his soul. Toast

Mostly play EFII and West Front. I will play RS if challenged. Have the WWI mod on my computer but have not had much chance to play around with it.

As, most of you know I gave away my ME and I honestly don't know if I will get into Vietnam or the new East Front series. Whistle
I still do not like the direction Matrix is taking CS. But, to each his own? Thumb Up2

Farmer

HSL
01-31-2019, 01:22 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-31-2019, 01:22 AM by zap.)
Usually, I would have more EF WF games going as it is one WF team game going maybe after my home is sold I'll be in  a better mind set. The ups and downs of the sale process has put me in a funk.
01-31-2019, 10:50 AM,
I'm playing CSME
Send this user an email
02-01-2019, 12:23 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-01-2019, 12:24 AM by Herr Straße Laufer. Edit Reason: left out word )
(01-31-2019, 01:22 AM)zap Wrote: Usually, I would have more EF WF games going as it is one WF team game going maybe after my home is sold I'll be in  a better mind set. The ups and downs of the sale process has put me in a funk.

Stick with it Zap. Hamster Wheel

We downsized a couple years ago after my heart gave out.
Six months in hell. Two and more years counting in heaven. Tempted

Farmer

HSL
02-01-2019, 10:17 AM,
(02-01-2019, 12:23 AM)Herr Straße Laufer Wrote:
(01-31-2019, 01:22 AM)zap Wrote: Usually, I would have more EF WF games going as it is one WF team game going maybe after my home is sold I'll be in  a better mind set. The ups and downs of the sale process has put me in a funk.

Stick with it Zap. Hamster Wheel

We downsized a couple years ago after my heart gave out.
Six months in hell. Two and more years counting in heaven. Tempted

Farmer

HSL

Thanks Ed for the well wishes.  My relator called me today just informed me the house appraised for what we  asked for it and the buyer agreed so we are in escrow until the end of February. 90% done. I will celebrate when the deal is finalized.
02-01-2019, 11:45 AM,
Playing 2 WW1, one with john and one with another fellow from the WGCG, testing a new scenario I made, then a RS tourney game, several SB games, WF with Huib!!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
02-01-2019, 05:10 PM,
I play a huge one operaion cobra Normandie 1944 and verdun on volga eastfront