• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Need Help Opening Opponent K'43 file
01-22-2019, 11:09 AM,
RE: Need Help Opening Opponent K'43 file
(01-22-2019, 11:02 AM)Der Landser Wrote:
(01-22-2019, 07:43 AM)HirooOnoda Wrote:
(01-22-2019, 07:17 AM)Mr Grumpy Wrote: Yes all east front games have been upgraded to Gold standard as well B44 & F40.

Is this the first file of a new game or have you been passing files with no issues and this just turned up after the upgrade to W10?

Yes, it appears to be an Internet explorer file, yet when I click on properties it says .bte.

This may simply be an issue of the normal .BTE file type icon being replaced by the IE file type icon, which can be changed in Windows.

The only way to be sure is to check the file properties.  Right click on the file, select properties, take a screen shot of the file properties dialogue and post the screen shot in this thread. 

Also, if you are using the HPS version of K43 and your opponent is using the JTS Gold Version of K43, be aware that they are not compatible.
Thanks. I will upgrade to Gold and if that doesn't work I'll post the screen shot of the .BTE file with the IE icon.

Thanks again.
Quote this message in a reply
01-22-2019, 11:33 AM,
You're welcome. Normally, this happens one of two ways. The first is when you right click on the file and select "Open with..." if that option is available and select a different program to open that file type. The second is when you right click on the file, select "Properties" and then click the "Change" button next to the "Open with:" entry and select a different program to open that file type. Basically, this changes the file type association for the file and the file icon.

You may be able to overcome this by uninstalling the HPS K43 version and freshly installing the JTS K43 Gold version.
"You know, fightin' in a basement offers a lot of difficulties. Number one being, you're fightin' in a basement!" - LT Aldo Raine
01-22-2019, 11:42 AM,
I forgot that there is a third way.  If you double left click on a file that is not an executable file, you'll get the dialogue box below.  If you follow through with either of the available options, it will have the same effect as the two methods mentioned in the post above.

[Image: Windows%20File%20Dialogue.jpg]
"You know, fightin' in a basement offers a lot of difficulties. Number one being, you're fightin' in a basement!" - LT Aldo Raine
01-22-2019, 02:30 PM,
So I believe the problem is the save game is showing up in a Downloads folder rather than a normal install folder. I do see other game files there, but I am not sure the game is actually running out of the downloads. If so, Win10 security may limit some functionality? But check in your game and see where it is looking for the save game. Basically, open the game and cancel opening a save game. The go to File - Open and click the up folder icon. That will take you up one level and you can see what folder the game is looking in. I am thinking you need to copy the save game from the downloads and place it in the correct game folder, which should be in some other location.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
01-23-2019, 09:09 AM,
(01-22-2019, 02:30 PM)Ricky B Wrote: So I believe the problem is the save game is showing up in a Downloads folder rather than a normal install folder. I do see other game files there, but I am not sure the game is actually running out of the downloads. If so, Win10 security may limit some functionality? But check in your game and see where it is looking for the save game. Basically, open the game and cancel opening a save game. The go to File - Open and click the up folder icon. That will take you up one level and you can see what folder the game is looking in. I am thinking you need to copy the save game from the downloads and place it in the correct game folder, which should be in some other location.

Rick

My opponent tells me he is using Gold. Okay, so I send an email to JTS, support, and I've yet to hear from them. 

I suspect they'll want to know if I'm a "registered user". 

How does one do that? I suspect I bought the game many years ago from NWS (or is is NSW) software.

Ideas?
01-23-2019, 09:46 AM,
(01-23-2019, 09:09 AM)HirooOnoda Wrote:
(01-22-2019, 02:30 PM)Ricky B Wrote: So I believe the problem is the save game is showing up in a Downloads folder rather than a normal install folder. I do see other game files there, but I am not sure the game is actually running out of the downloads. If so, Win10 security may limit some functionality? But check in your game and see where it is looking for the save game. Basically, open the game and cancel opening a save game. The go to File - Open and click the up folder icon. That will take you up one level and you can see what folder the game is looking in. I am thinking you need to copy the save game from the downloads and place it in the correct game folder, which should be in some other location.

Rick

My opponent tells me he is using Gold. Okay, so I send an email to JTS, support, and I've yet to hear from them. 

How does one do that? I suspect I bought the game many years ago from NWS (or is is NSW) software.

Ideas?

Wait to get a reply
01-23-2019, 09:46 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-23-2019, 09:54 AM by Kuriltai.)
(01-23-2019, 09:09 AM)HirooOnoda Wrote:

Rick

Ideas?
Take a picture of your cd case and send to Rich.(This is what he asks for)
01-23-2019, 01:38 PM,
Unless you know where to put your save game, having the same version isn't going to help at all. I don't see a reply to what I said, so good luck I guess.
[Image: exercise.png]
01-25-2019, 10:08 AM,
Rich recommended deleting my old K'43 before I install the K'43 GOld.

Yet when I try to uninstall the program, I get the following error command:

Ideas?

Attached Files
.png   Screenshot (94).png (Size: 130.33 KB / Downloads: 11)
01-25-2019, 01:28 PM,
Go to the hard drive and try deleting the folder.