• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

France '40 Gold Team Game
12-29-2018, 12:21 PM,
RE: France '40 Gold Team Game
It now looks as though we just might have the nucleus of an Allied Team. So far ComradeP, Der Landser, and myself have declared, and that might be enough. I do have a suspicion we might need one more though to make it a total of four.

Nothing so far on a German Team forming, so it's wait and see time. After that comes the hard part: deciding on the scenario, rules, and options, along with working out how to exchange files, etc.
Quote this message in a reply
12-29-2018, 12:26 PM,
I would definitely be interested if I could play no more than 3 turns a week. If so, would love to.
12-29-2018, 12:43 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-29-2018, 12:45 PM by Der Landser.)
Wo sind alle die deutschen Soldaten?  Heraus kommen und mit uns spielen!
12-29-2018, 07:01 PM,
We as the Allies think we are prepared and there is not a German to be seen. Just like our historical counterparts, we should enjoy the Phoney War while it lasts. Wink 

Before I forget to mention it again: one thing that would also need to be discussed is whether the Germans are forced to land the Luftlande troops regardless of whether the Dutch airfields are in German hands. I would say that if we accept (most of) our historical limitations, the Germans will also have to work with a flawed airborne assault. Valkenburg and Ockenburg will probably fall, but if they don't the Germans would have to live with landing units on top of the defenders and taking serious losses.
12-30-2018, 04:36 AM,
For ComradeP and Der Landser:

Guys, how long do you think we should wait until we say this just isn't going to work and move on? Last week there was a small flurry of response with more than one person "preferring to play German". Now it looks like interest has waned.
12-30-2018, 05:16 AM,
I don't mind waiting to see if someone accepts the challenge. pokeytrev responded to this thread and seems to be interested in participating. Maybe a few more players will show an interest in playing the German side.
12-30-2018, 05:18 AM,
(12-29-2018, 12:26 PM)pokeytrev Wrote: I would definitely be interested if I could play no more than 3 turns a week. If so, would love to.

Hi pokeytrev, we are estimating 1 turn per week.  Are you possibly interested in playing on the German side?
12-30-2018, 02:22 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-30-2018, 02:25 PM by Liebchen. Edit Reason: Addition )
(12-28-2018, 07:07 AM)2-81 Armor Wrote: I think first thing to do is determine who is still "in" and fully committed to what will be very long PBEM. Second, determine who will be on what side (somebody has to play the Allies! - just kidding). Third, which scenario and which options for PBEM?

Speaking only for myself I'm "in" and committed to playing the Allies.

So far as PBEM rules and restrictions go as outlined by Mike, I am all for adopting numbers 4, 5, and 6. I'm against 1, 2, 3, and 7, however, because I feel they put the Allies in too much of a straitjacket, forcing them to almost repeat the historical mistakes. This makes things too predictable for the Germans. Both Teams should be masters of their own destiny.

As far as scenarios go, I favor B4 first (wired bridges/long), and B3 (wired bridges/shorter) second. They both have multiple German objective paths, which will keep the Allies honest, not able to count on the historical approach being taken.

Just my initial thoughts after reading the notes.

Many thanks to Mike Prucha for making his preliminary notes available for us to read!

EDIT: I'm wrong about B4 and B3! What I should have said was a "long" OR "short" Campaign that features wired bridges and multiple German objectives. Sorry about any confusion!

I'm in. I don't mind slower play, and I don't mind taking smaller commands.

... and adding, after having reviewed the last few posts, that I would also be willing to play as German, if I could get a few teammates.
12-30-2018, 02:23 PM,
(12-30-2018, 05:18 AM)Der Landser Wrote:
(12-29-2018, 12:26 PM)pokeytrev Wrote: I would definitely be interested if I could play no more than 3 turns a week. If so, would love to.

Hi pokeytrev, we are estimating 1 turn per week.  Are you possibly interested in playing on the German side?

In my experience, a turn a week in a team game is not realistic. There are several people who have to bite the apple, and they can only do it one at a time, and not everyone has every single night available to do a turn.

This is especially the case when we're talking about an immense campaign like this one.
12-30-2018, 02:31 PM,
(12-30-2018, 02:23 PM)Liebchen Wrote:
(12-30-2018, 05:18 AM)Der Landser Wrote:

In my experience, a turn a week in a team game is not realistic. There are several people who have to bite the apple, and they can only do it one at a time, and not everyone has every single night available to do a turn.

This is especially the case when we're talking about an immense campaign like this one.

Roger, understood.  We truly won't know what the turn rate will be until we get into the thick of it.