• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

France '40 Gold Team Game
01-10-2019, 09:55 AM,
RE: France '40 Gold Team Game
We have 3 players on both teams in theory, but it's not entirely clear if all "current" German players will participate. Adding a fourth player wouldn't be much of an issue either I think.
Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2019, 01:39 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-10-2019, 01:55 PM by Der Landser.)
Hey OJW, you German boys about ready to fight yet?  Stir the Pot

I hear the Channel Coast beaches are really nice in early summer! LOL
"You know, fightin' in a basement offers a lot of difficulties. Number one being, you're fightin' in a basement!" - LT Aldo Raine
01-11-2019, 12:05 AM,
I am. I guess I'll try and send Brammer and Liebchen a message.
01-11-2019, 12:27 AM,
I sent a message by Blitz. If they don't respond within a certain amount of time, I say we move forward. I'll play the Germans myself until a couple people join in if I have to. To make it easy the rules are set, I suggest ComradeP go ahead and set the game up to start. Wait until Monday or whenever y'all want and then start playing until we get volunteers. Makes no difference to me. We'll be gone this Saturday.
01-11-2019, 12:42 AM,
(01-10-2019, 09:39 AM)Der Landser Wrote:
(01-10-2019, 01:36 AM)iley Wrote: Sorry I missed this.

We haven't started yet, you can still join either team.

Would be happy to play either team.  There's a space available sign me up.
Iley
01-11-2019, 04:37 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-11-2019, 04:37 AM by ComradeP.)
We'll have to wait for the mini-patch David/Strela mentioned anyway, so we're not in a hurry.

From what I understand, Brammer already has a campaign game going, so if he feels that two might be a bit too much, maybe iley can take his place.
01-11-2019, 10:10 AM,
(01-11-2019, 12:42 AM)iley Wrote:
(01-10-2019, 09:39 AM)Der Landser Wrote:
(01-10-2019, 01:36 AM)iley Wrote: Sorry I missed this.

We haven't started yet, you can still join either team.

Would be happy to play either team.  There's a space available sign me up.
Iley

Hi iley, it looks like the German team could use another player.  I'd contact Outlaw Josey Wales and discuss joining the German side.

Also, we're waiting for a small patch to be released by WDS before we start.
"You know, fightin' in a basement offers a lot of difficulties. Number one being, you're fightin' in a basement!" - LT Aldo Raine
01-11-2019, 12:40 PM,
Guys,

We can give you the appropriate files in the interim, ensure we don't slow you down. We don't want to do the formal patch until we have all Mike's notes (trust me he writes great notes) but I can see if we can get you the relevant notes for your game as well.

Let me know when you want to start and we will endeavour to give you what you need...

David
01-11-2019, 01:36 PM,
Thank you very much David! I think it's safe to say that we are still a few days out from starting, so no need to rush.
01-11-2019, 01:39 PM,
(12-31-2018, 07:51 PM)Plain Ian Wrote:
(12-31-2018, 06:02 PM)ComradeP Wrote: The replay for a scenario of campaign size might be as long as a movie   on turns with a lot of combat, but I agree that it's worth looking at by all players.

If the first player uses video capture software to make an avi/MP4 file then each player can fast forward it to their sector. The only snag might be that everyone is using different sized LCD's and the screen size is set by the first person. 

Nothing worse than watching a large PzC replay just to catch a part of it that interests you.

This is a good idea. I always hoped that my opposite number would play first, so that I could watch my sector's replay and then I could skip the rest, if so inclined.