• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Operation Cobra Rev 2
01-05-2019, 08:34 AM,
RE: Operation Cobra Rev 2
John, I'll pick up the gauntlet and slap across your cheek.
When Dan is ready we can battle. Pirate Duel2

I did play Hill 112, as Germans. A meat grinder and I held the handle. Bridges got blocked by British wrecks. Their left hook was met by Panthers, PzKwIV's and German engineers. Green Club

Farmer

HSL
Quote this message in a reply
01-14-2019, 05:23 PM,
Hi 

We have started with Lieutenant Dan's (O: scenario as a team game  Horray2   , we are four,

I would say this scneario is very entertaining and does not work  Hamster Wheel  hard/heavy for a sm10 scenario

as before promised I will give some reports on how it is progressing

regards Ole "fritzfarlig"
01-19-2019, 02:50 AM,
(01-04-2019, 03:21 PM)Death~Dealer Wrote: I'll just put my foot in my mouth, eh...

I'll take my foot out of my mouth now to say this:

Scaling UP to make a kick-ass Villers-Bocage scene so the map is not 2 hexes is OK.

That's not the problem...it's when creative folks try to change the basic game to something completely different than what it is...like creating the ENTIRE BATTLE OF THE ATLANTIC on West Front...that's the problem.
---------------------------------

Apologies for turning your scenario thread into a huge rabbit hole, Dan...

I love rabbits...and holes as well...
01-19-2019, 03:00 AM,
SCALE is very important. It's an issue that we all struggle with. We have one game engine, and we will inevitably end up trying to model fights that were either too large, or even in some cases, too small.

Modeling the entire Atlantic Invasion?
I've come close...with Normandy...lol...but no...not the whole thing.

If you want to try the Atlantic Invasion as it were, the game is called "Third Reich". Avalon Hill. One of the BEST wargames ever created IMO. And if you want to go totally off the leash you buy "Rising Sun" and they have rules to combine both games...meaning you are fighting ALL of WWII. I use the pool table for those types of games, as the chits will be out on the table for months before you finish.

Never could shoot pool much anyways...;)

For Villers, blowing it up a bit, we aren't stretching time and space.
Well, maybe space, but Newtonian Space...not Einstein's...

I scaled up the forces commensurately.
x4
Where Wittmann only rode in one tank, he now commands a 4 tank unit.
Etc.