• Downloads

North Africa - Issues & Fixes thread
12-10-2018, 10:41 AM,
RE: North Africa - Issues & Fixes thread
I get message there is no path.
Quote this message in a reply
12-10-2018, 01:54 PM,
For myself, although I have no issues with the display, the legacy link works fine. It brings up the old menu style.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
12-10-2018, 08:43 PM,
(12-10-2018, 10:41 AM)Outlaw Josey Wales Wrote: I get message there is no path.

Where have you installed the build?

The button for Legacy Screen Selection is only a shortcut but it should automatically point to your installation directory.

If you have subsequently moved or copied the game elsewhere you will break the link.

If confident, you can edit the shortcut to the appropriate directory and it should work.

David
12-11-2018, 03:47 AM,
I installed the game to my external hard drive, Drive F: . When I clicked on the shortcut, it says Drive E: . On my computer, my main drive is C: and Drive E: is my DVD RW drive. Like I said, it works fine. A little messy because a line goes through some text. It is the only thing I have noticed.
12-12-2018, 02:11 AM,
For anybody attempting unsuccessfully (because "there is no path") to use the bona41 - Legacy Selection Screen shortcut in the game install folder, try this instead:

Look for the shortcut in the Windows startup menu under "John Tiller Software".

Does that shortcut work for you?
12-12-2018, 05:36 AM,
That works. I put all my games on an external HD so as not to over flow my computer storage space and if something were to happen to my computer, I can hook up to any other computer and play. But, so far, all I have had to do is wait an excruciatingly long few days for repair or a new one. The external HD is the best thing I have ever done.
12-12-2018, 09:09 AM,
(12-12-2018, 05:36 AM)Outlaw Josey Wales Wrote: That works.

Good to hear!  If you like, you should be able to pin that WAD shortcut to the Windows TaskBar (right click on the shortcut), and/or make a desktop icon of it.