• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

North Africa - Issues & Fixes thread
11-21-2018, 11:00 AM,
North Africa - Issues & Fixes thread
Hi All,

I'll post issues & fixes that have been reported into this thread for future reference.

The first is the link for the Designer Notes on the North Africa Product Page was broken. That has now been corrected. The direct link to the file is here; Designer Notes

The second issue we had anticipated. A few people are seeing screen corruption with the new selection screen. Something like this;
[Image: Post%2020181121_1.jpg]

This has been an issue with high resolution screen with high DPI (dots per inch), particularly when changing resolutions. We have had reports of this on Microsoft Surface as well as some Window's 7 machines.
We spent a lot of time trying to correct this. We have a number of different screens and machines to test against and found this was limited to a few situations. After a lot of review and commentary from other developers, we believe this irregular issue is a Microsoft challenge. We at one point debated removing the new selection screens, but instead opted to include the ability to load the legacy screen. There is a shortcut in the game folder called bona41 - Legacy Selection Screen Please use that if you are seeing this issue.

Thanks,

David
Quote this message in a reply
12-08-2018, 09:09 AM,
RE: North Africa - Issues & Fixes thread
The .wav files for German MG units (eg Tobruk Good Friday) sound more like ordnance than mg's firing :-)
12-08-2018, 02:49 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-08-2018, 07:35 PM by Strela.)
(12-08-2018, 09:09 AM)Chris Merchant Wrote: The .wav files for German MG units (eg Tobruk Good Friday) sound more like ordnance than mg's firing :-)

Under Media the 13XXXXX series is for MG's. These have to represent all MG's in the game.

13Weapon0/1/2/4 is German MG sounds. 13Weapon3 is water cooled Maxim types (British/Soviet). 13 Weapon5 is US type 30/50 cal.

Unfortunately you can't allocate a sound to an individual weapon but rather a class so the Maxim and US sound will occasionally play for the German MG's and vice versa. There are 6 MG sounds currently and there is the ability to add as many as you like as the game randomly plays from the number provided. If you wanted only German MG sounds for all MG's then you would delete 13Weapon3 & 13Weapon5 for example.

Hope that explains a bit more,

David
12-08-2018, 09:30 PM,
Thanks David,

I will have a closer listen and report back.  Seems to me the sound is more like a LATW launch rather than any machine gun. So my assumption is that something is awry with the .wav assignments.
12-09-2018, 12:34 AM,
(12-08-2018, 09:30 PM)Chris Merchant Wrote: Thanks David,

I will have a closer listen and report back.  Seems to me the sound is more like a LATW launch rather than any machine gun. So my assumption is that something is awry with the .wav assignments.

Ah, that is infantry types firing on an armoured unit. Meant to represent bazooka/panzerfaust and at a pinch grenade bundles. You will only hear this against armour etc...

David
12-09-2018, 04:34 AM,
"Window edge" option for scrolling doesn't seem to work properly, as mentioned previously in another thread.

Not much of an issue, but just a reminder since we are compiling bug reports here, I suppose.
12-09-2018, 06:50 AM,
(11-21-2018, 11:00 AM)Strela Wrote: Hi All,

I'll post issues & fixes that have been reported into this thread for future reference.

The first is the link for the Designer Notes on the North Africa Product Page was broken. That has now been corrected. The direct link to the file is here; Designer Notes

The second issue we had anticipated. A few people are seeing screen corruption with the new selection screen. Something like this;

This has been an issue with high resolution screen with high DPI (dots per inch), particularly when changing resolutions. We have had reports of this on Microsoft Surface as well as some Window's 7 machines.
We spent a lot of time trying to correct this. We have a number of different screens and machines to test against and found this was limited to a few situations. After a lot of review and commentary from other developers, we believe this irregular issue is a Microsoft challenge. We at one point debated removing the new selection screens, but instead opted to include the ability to load the legacy screen. There is a shortcut in the game folder called bona41 - Legacy Selection Screen Please use that if you are seeing this issue.

Thanks,

David

I have this issue, tried the link and was informed there is no path.  The messed up screen still works. So, I said the hell with it and playing the game anyway.  :)
12-09-2018, 08:00 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-09-2018, 08:01 AM by Chris Merchant.)
Quote:Ah, that is infantry types firing on an armoured unit. Meant to represent bazooka/panzerfaust and at a pinch grenade bundles. You will only hear this against armour etc...

that makes sense, they are firing at infantry in a bunker.
cheers
12-10-2018, 12:54 AM,
(11-21-2018, 11:00 AM)Strela Wrote: Hi All,

Thanks,

David

I have had this problem Every thing worked except that nothing could get started because the side bar was not functioning. None of the remedies were of any use. Then after reading Strela,s post I tried changing my screen resolution from High to Lower. The game now runs from after an imperfect starting platform,  the side bar functions and after that everything works ok.
Hope this helps because there is an issue here which needs correcting.
12-10-2018, 04:18 AM,
"None of the remedies were of any use."

What happens when you double click on the bona41 - Legacy Selection Screen?  It is designed to show the smaller, legacy Selection Dialog.