• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Help me decide, which Eastern Front title next?
11-13-2018, 02:58 AM,
RE: Help me decide, which Eastern Front title next?
(11-13-2018, 02:30 AM)Der Landser Wrote:
(11-12-2018, 05:45 PM)Embis Wrote: Thanks Bill, I have taken the plunge and bought Budapest. I Have only had chance to have a brief look at it but so far it looks as if it meets my needs.

As I said I prefer medium and small scenarios to large and huge, how is Moscow '41 for scenario size?.... Moscow '41 is probably going to be my next purchase, depending on how large the majority of the scenarios look.

This is the title you are looking for!

..Anyway Mike,
....You dont have time to be posting messages here, you've got a game file to send to me LOL
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. It is impolite."
Napoleon I
Quote this message in a reply
11-13-2018, 07:11 AM,
(11-13-2018, 02:58 AM)Embis Wrote:
(11-13-2018, 02:30 AM)Der Landser Wrote:
(11-12-2018, 05:45 PM)Embis Wrote: Thanks Bill, I have taken the plunge and bought Budapest. I Have only had chance to have a brief look at it but so far it looks as if it meets my needs.

As I said I prefer medium and small scenarios to large and huge, how is Moscow '41 for scenario size?.... Moscow '41 is probably going to be my next purchase, depending on how large the majority of the scenarios look.

This is the title you are looking for!

..Anyway Mike,
....You dont have time to be posting messages here, you've got a game file to send to me LOL

Aye, Aye Sir! Salute6  File sent, escalating to DEFCON 1!
11-14-2018, 01:07 PM,
In Moscow '41 you have all sizes of scenarios. Most of the games come that way. Anything from a Small scenario such as "6th Panzer Breakthrough" to the large "Vyazma Campaign" and "Operation Typhoon." Many Medium sized scenarios too which have 3-5 divisions per side.

You can't go wrong with these two games. I like how Budapest '45 covers the entire campaign for the city and control of the vital areas of the plains of Hungary. After all they were vital for the Russian advance.

I like the Western Front games too and at one point was kind of soured on the Eastern Front games because of the slow movement of the infantry but many of the scenarios have a great deal of armor in them. For your next few purchases I highly recommend the Kharkov games both '42 and '43. I just played "Manstein's Backhand Blow" and its got a lot of German armor. I just have to realize that not every offensive had tons of armor.
11-14-2018, 02:39 PM,
Well, I'm biased as I designed Kharkov '43 and Moscow '42, but I would strongly suggest you do look at Moscow '42.

It has so much content that it is really the equivalent of a couple of titles.

With both a full winter and summer campaign you get a decent feel for both types of warfare. There are 57 scenarios of various sizes where more normally the average Panzer Campaigns title has 30.

All in all though they are all great and once we get the Gold upgrades done for Western Europe/Mediterranean/North Africa, you will be even more spoiled for choice...!

All the players notes and maps are available for free so worthwhile having a look here ;
http://www.johntillersoftware.com/Panzer...cow42.html

David
11-14-2018, 07:34 PM,
Moscow '42 is indeed one of the better ones out there. Easily one of my favorite Panzer Campaigns titles.

You can't go wrong with fighting bloody tank battles on your way to Moscow, just to find yourself embroiled in urban combat against fortified positions for the city itself. All that in a medium sized scenario as well.

Makes one wish for a similar title, perhaps named "Germany '45". A man can dream!
11-14-2018, 10:10 PM,
For me the titles best cover what he wants are Budapest45 in east and Tunis43 in west but not being west at all.

Are more titles similar but if you have clear what do you want these 2 are more specific but practically all titles offer medium mobile scens.

Aaaa the german version of Budapest45... Berlin45 imagine what OOBs could offer... and what ifs like west VS east or a race scen for Berlin using indirect fire rule to bomb evil west powers trying steal Berlin to the motherland.

Big Grin2
11-15-2018, 07:00 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-15-2018, 07:03 AM by Embis.)
(11-14-2018, 02:39 PM)Strela Wrote: Well, I'm biased as I designed Kharkov '43 and Moscow '42, but I would strongly suggest you do look at Moscow '42.

It has so much content that it is really the equivalent of a couple of titles.

Youre a great game designer Thumbs Up ... and a very good salesman.. Big Grin

But that's enough R&R for you...back to work on our next title now please. Big Grin2
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. It is impolite."
Napoleon I
11-15-2018, 07:13 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-15-2018, 07:16 PM by Xaver.)
Give Strela at least time to say he can design for us a Berlin45 if he finds how works 25h at day... but yes, Strela, better return to work now in PzB NA41 2018 is not going to stay here forever and i dont want kill a my little pony figure to send you a head horse sustitute Horse5  Big Grin