• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CS Gamers Unite In Scotland Again!!!
09-26-2018, 01:32 PM,
RE: CS Gamers Unite In Scotland Again!!!
You got that right...I marred an "F-5"...and there is no surviving that storm...;)
Quote this message in a reply
09-27-2018, 07:50 PM,
Dan and John,

Yeah the F5 thingy is so true. I also found out that Kevlar body armor is useless in some situations.

Then there is the silence after the verbal tongue lashing...quite upsetting. Being a calculating, black and white thinking, no gray area, excessive compulsive metallurgical engineer I try to appease and make amends then I get the comment...

"John, one day when your at work I'm going to crush that computer destroy your game and be done with it! I'm tired of asking for things to get done around here. You love that game more than you love me!"

Well, then I think, not strictly true, it depends on the situation. But sometimes its a close call...

Hurricanes, usually a whole lot of rain when they get to Ohio. Helps the corn grow a little I guess.

But F5 tornadoes are another issue altogether. Take a drive through Xenia, Ohio sometimes if your ever in the area. You can see the "old" town built circa 1890-1900. Then in a matter of the width of an alley the new town built in 1975. Its quite a striking picture, makes you think. The power of weather and nature can be awesome.

Cheers!
09-27-2018, 09:19 PM,
I have the same problem John...also complicated by a life long addition to motorcycles...
But I have the cure!

We're buying our travel trailer and it's time to travel a bit.
This keeps the SWMBO (She Who Must Be Obeyed) at bay somewhat.
She's looking forward to this and so am I.

Of course...there is that 8 foot section in the back where...wait for it...the motorcycles will fit!
Can you say TOY HAULER?...lol...

May as well keep us all happy right?

I would take credit for the SWMBO moniker but that one comes from dawags...I liked it so much I stole it!

Your also spot on about twisters. Scary stuff. I've been through a lot of hurricanes but many years ago, after Bertha I believe it was we were driving up I-40 towards Raleigh Durham when we saw the path of a "spin-off" tornado generated during the hurricane. There was a path of devastation that crossed the freeway...no trees...no structures left...just destruction. I have no idea what force level it was...but it was enough to sew a path of destruction.

So...at least I don't live in tornado country.
If I did I think I'd want a bomb shelter, or at least a basement with a steel door.
That was scary to look at it. We've always been able to hunker down in the house and outlast the hurricanes but a tornado will just tear the house apart around you. Good luck hiding from that...
09-29-2018, 03:00 AM,
(09-23-2018, 04:56 AM)Dan Caviness Wrote: Two of my favorite Blitzers hanging out...I hope the beer flowed...

I might be heading to Normandy next year.
75th Anniversary...I suggest you all get tickets!

If we get two or three Blitz members together we'll know more than the tour guides!

Thanks Dan!

No beer unfortunately.  But later back near the hotel I did have a couple of whiskeys in John's honor.
10-04-2018, 05:06 AM,
(09-27-2018, 07:50 PM)Ivan The Big Wrote: Dan and John,

Yeah the F5 thingy is so true. I also found out that Kevlar body armor is useless in some situations.

Then there is the silence after the verbal tongue lashing...quite upsetting. Being a calculating, black and white thinking, no gray area, excessive compulsive metallurgical engineer I try to appease and make amends then I get the comment...

"John, one day when your at work I'm going to crush that computer destroy your game and be done with it! I'm tired of asking for things to get done around here. You love that game more than you love me!"

Well, then I think, not strictly true, it depends on the situation. But sometimes its a close call...

Hurricanes, usually a whole lot of rain when they get to Ohio. Helps the corn grow a little I guess.

But F5 tornadoes are another issue altogether. Take a drive through Xenia, Ohio sometimes if your ever in the area. You can see the "old" town built circa 1890-1900. Then in a matter of the width of an alley the new town built in 1975. Its quite a striking picture, makes you think. The power of weather and nature can be awesome.

Cheers!

ROTFLMAO well i have one thing going for me when my PC packed in last year it was get a new one asap i aint listening to you moaning my PC dead nothing to do at night now. Yeah and your right could be doing something about the house if  it wasn't for it.