• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CS Gamers Unite In Scotland Again!!!
09-23-2018, 02:28 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-28-2018, 12:49 PM by Scud.)
CS Gamers Unite In Scotland Again!!!
Well 2 of us anyways.  Rolling Eyes

I my latest trip to Scotland I was fortunate enough to meet up again with VonLuck. 
He was a great host and drove my wife and I to a few sightseeing spots.
It was great.

Here is a picture of us.  (VonLuck is the handsome devil on the right) Big Grin

.jpg   IMG_5627EJ.jpg (Size: 69.72 KB / Downloads: 42)

Thanks for a great time John!

Cheers,

Erik

P.S.  Obviously I didn't post the picture correctly.

If an admin wants to edit the post so the picture displays, that would be great.

Done (sorry for the delay, caught me in the middle of a coast-to-coast move)—Dave.

[Image: erik-and-john.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
09-23-2018, 03:52 AM,
RE: CS Gamers Unite In Scotland Again!!!
Looking good there fellas  Helmet Smile
Visit us at CSLegion.com
09-23-2018, 03:58 AM,
(09-23-2018, 03:52 AM)Battle Kat Wrote: Looking good there fellas  Helmet Smile
LMAO LOL Couple of old gits with nothing better to do. Erik and Cheryl two of the nicest people you could meet.
09-23-2018, 04:37 AM,
Always a good thing to see members of the Campaign Series family!

Thanks for sharing this Hawk!! cheers
09-23-2018, 04:56 AM,
Two of my favorite Blitzers hanging out...I hope the beer flowed...

I might be heading to Normandy next year.
75th Anniversary...I suggest you all get tickets!

If we get two or three Blitz members together we'll know more than the tour guides!
09-25-2018, 05:01 AM,
(09-23-2018, 04:56 AM)Dan Caviness Wrote: Two of my favorite Blitzers hanging out...I hope the beer flowed...

I might be heading to Normandy next year.
75th Anniversary...I suggest you all get tickets!

If we get two or three Blitz members together we'll know more than the tour guides!

Big Grin No beer Dan i was driving my esteemed guests about on a short tour of the area. Time is a precious thing for me at the moment jumping back and forward to hospital etc for family but so for all is well with them. What gives with the 6ft box thing in another thread????.
09-25-2018, 10:51 AM,
My version of humor JB...we're all coffin stuffers in the end right?

I may be in a maudlin mood...having just dug out from under Hurricane Florence?
Coastal North Carolina...I love her...but sometimes I'm not so sure.
We've been through a lot of these hurricanes and next time we're heading for the Appalachians.
Let the devil himself take the house.

Fran, Floyd, Bonnie, Bertha, and a couple other's I'm forgetting.
Now Florence made her mark.  We've been living on an island since the storm.  Can't get out.
The floodwaters are supposed to start receding, but they seem to be taking their time.

I'm just getting too old for swinging chainsaws, trying to pull stumps, rebuilding fences, reshingling roofs, etc.
The family is OK, and that's all that matters.  For a while there I was eyeing the upstairs roof...wondering how I was going to chainsaw a hole in the roof so we could hitchhike a ride with a helicopter.  Lucky for us the water receded and never quite got to our house.  It was across the street though...didn't miss by much.  Sandbags are fun!

Anytime I start feeling sorry for myself I can drive about 1/4 mile and find people with half their entire house under water.  We got lucky.  Just trees, fences, etc.  My garage door landed 6 houses down the street.  Well, what was left of it.

On the bright side, despite TV reportings of lootings and such, all we saw were good people pulling together to help each other.  Besides, this is North Carolina, and everyone is packing a sidearm.  I pity the looter that tries our neighborhood.

I hope this finds you well JB, and I know you are a primary care giver, so God bless OK?

Best wishes and highest regards,

Dan

ps: If the Normandy trip happens next summer I hope to meet up with you if at all possible.  We'll talk more when I get some dates OK?
09-25-2018, 06:08 PM,
Normandy next year sounds good. I've been wanting to go there for a good while, but have not found any companion yet. Blitz meet-n-greet?
Visit us at CSLegion.com
09-25-2018, 11:01 PM,
Hey Petri:

Good to hear from you!

The group that is organizing the trip is another group of Grognards, the "Mean Old Bastards".
A wargaming clan I joined many years ago to play...don't judge me...Battlefield 1942...the old first person shooter...;)

It was my last "twitch" game...what can I say?  It emphasized teamwork, and that was the part that appealed to me.  I cannot out twitch the 13 year old kids...but as a group...we could out think them.  The map we owned, of course, was Omaha Beach.  We'd beat them in tournaments, offer to switch sides, and beat them again.

We are trying to set it up around the anniversary, June 6th, or more likely somewhere near June 6th.
I'll keep you posted as this gets narrowed down.

This group will amount to no more than 4 or 5 individuals...and we would love to have more involved.
They are an eclectic bunch with a Canadian Air Rescue helicopter pilot, an Arizonian (is that a word?) self made business man holding over 100 patents to his name, a West Virginian who is probably married to his cousin, and a couple old Nuclear Engineers.
From disparate backgrounds, we all shared one thing, we were...wait for it...Mean Old Bastards...;) 

It's only a hop, skip, and a jump for you right?
Finland to France...how hard can that be?...;)

They want to have a tour guide, and I agree that is probably the best way to go.
Not that I don't think two or three Blitzer's put together would give that tour guide a run for his money...;)
They will probably have to gag me to keep my mouth shut...doing the world a favor in the process...

I'd like to see:

1.  Omaha Beach and Pointe du Hoc (of course)
2.  Pegasus Bridge
3.  Hill 112
4.  Caen
5.  Remaining Atlantic Wall fortifications (if any survive)
6.  Sword Beach (I have to see where Bill Millen waded ashore...blowing his bagpipes)
7.  Arromanches and St. Miere Eglis where I believe they still have a paratrooper hanging from the eaves in the center square.  Well...a dummy at least...lol...
8.  At least two war cemeteries, one being the German one at Le Cambe'.

I'll email you Petri.
Anyone else who is seriously interested, let me know.
Obviously for our American member's...this is a significant investment in time and money.

Regards,

Dan
09-26-2018, 04:15 AM,
(09-25-2018, 10:51 AM)Dan Caviness Wrote: My version of humor JB...we're all coffin stuffers in the end right?

I may be in a maudlin mood...having just dug out from under Hurricane Florence?
Coastal North Carolina...I love her...but sometimes I'm not so sure.
We've been through a lot of these hurricanes and next time we're heading for the Appalachians.
Let the devil himself take the house.

Fran, Floyd, Bonnie, Bertha, and a couple other's I'm forgetting.
Now Florence made her mark.  We've been living on an island since the storm.  Can't get out.
The floodwaters are supposed to start receding, but they seem to be taking their time.

I'm just getting too old for swinging chainsaws, trying to pull stumps, rebuilding fences, reshingling roofs, etc.
The family is OK, and that's all that matters.  For a while there I was eyeing the upstairs roof...wondering how I was going to chainsaw a hole in the roof so we could hitchhike a ride with a helicopter.  Lucky for us the water receded and never quite got to our house.  It was across the street though...didn't miss by much.  Sandbags are fun!

Anytime I start feeling sorry for myself I can drive about 1/4 mile and find people with half their entire house under water.  We got lucky.  Just trees, fences, etc.  My garage door landed 6 houses down the street.  Well, what was left of it.

On the bright side, despite TV reportings of lootings and such, all we saw were good people pulling together to help each other.  Besides, this is North Carolina, and everyone is packing a sidearm.  I pity the looter that tries our neighborhood.

I hope this finds you well JB, and I know you are a primary care giver, so God bless OK?

Best wishes and highest regards,

Dan

ps: If the Normandy trip happens next summer I hope to meet up with you if at all possible.  We'll talk more when I get some dates OK?

Oh well a garage door isn't much i suppose. Dan behind the car with the 45  take what you want punk but not my CS game ROTFLMAO. About the only hurricane i see here is the Wife when she loses it  ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO.