• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Putingrad is here!
12-01-2018, 12:13 PM,
RE: Putingrad is here!
(12-01-2018, 06:18 AM)Scud Wrote:
(11-30-2018, 08:21 PM)Ivan The Big Wrote: Putingrad is already a real scenario by the very nature of it being attached to this thread. I have a copy on my rig.

I don't see a problem with TankerTony adding it to the data base as Putingrad[1st Edition]. In this way Von and Tiger88 could report their game played.

Then when TT has updated it he could change the database record to show [2nd Edition] or better yet maybe add [2nd Edition] as a whole new entry. The latter way might be better because the players that come along after this conversation could experience what the scenario was like at its inception [1st  Edition] and what it evolved into [2nd Edition].

The only problem/caveat I see is the file name. The file for [1st Edition] would have to be identified by renaming to something like putingrad[1st] or just keeping it putingrad and then when the second comes out naming it putingrad[2nd] or something like that. This would prevent the over writing on one's rig of the old file. The map and org file shouldn't need to be changed.

Either way its a valid scenario so I would add it to the database even with and while play testing is going on.

Regards,
John

I wouldn't have a problem with that at all, but I'll leave it up to the three of them if they wish to do that.

Dave

I appreciate all the inputs commanders! I will leave it up to Tony on how he wants to handle - just glad Earl and I were able to play through this and offer the feedback/comments to have Tony make any changes he see's necessary.

Again - just want to say "thank-you" to Tony and to all the Designers for continuing to put forth new scenarios for all of us to play. Those of us who have been around a loooooonnnnnnggggg time enjoy playing something new!

Salute!
Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2018, 05:53 PM,
(11-30-2018, 10:46 PM)Von Earlmann Wrote:
(11-30-2018, 08:21 PM)Ivan The Big Wrote: Putingrad is already a real scenario by the very nature of it being attached to this thread. I have a copy on my rig.

I don't see a problem with TankerTony adding it to the data base as Putingrad[1st Edition]. In this way Von and Tiger88 could report their game played.

Then when TT has updated it he could change the database record to show [2nd Edition] or better yet maybe add [2nd Edition] as a whole new entry. The latter way might be better because the players that come along after this conversation could experience what the scenario was like at its inception [1st  Edition] and what it evolved into [2nd Edition].

The only problem/caveat I see is the file name. The file for [1st Edition] would have to be identified by renaming to something like putingrad[1st] or just keeping it putingrad and then when the second comes out naming it putingrad[2nd] or something like that. This would prevent the over writing on one's rig of the old file. The map and org file shouldn't need to be changed.

Either way its a valid scenario so I would add it to the database even with and while play testing is going on.

Regards,
John

I have no problem just playing the scenario to give feedback to the designer Plenty of guys have done that for me :-) Tony, there was one other thing I forgot to tell Steve and you about the bridge over the river at the bottom right it was unusable by my vehicles. I don't know if it was designed that way or not.

I couldn't see why it was impassable from looking at the map. Other than being a bit out gunned I enjoyed the scenario should be a good one.

VE

Von, there looks to be a deep river hex side there between hex 51,42 (the bridge) and hex 52,41. Saw it on zoom 1 with map rotated.
12-09-2018, 12:44 AM,
Hello Fellow Warmongering Friends:

I have just completed an ass beating at the hands of Tony himself so I'd like to chime in here!
Nah, it was a good test for sure, very enjoyable.

Nice catch on the bridge Ivan, your bigness is only exceeded by your sharp eye...lol...I spotted the same issue.
In Tony's defense, he did add a bridge builder to the Russians, and mine was successful at building/repairing that full hex bridge crossing. (There is a hex-side blue river adjacent the full hex river that is causing the problem but it's almost invisible playing 3D)

The SCENARIO has great potential.
When Tony and I played he had already made most of his decisions, and I expect our experience only confirmed what he already had in mind. As is, it's a tough one for the Russians.

AND...as for NEW SCENARIOS and databases and libraries and such...roll up your sleeves...;)

I have always downloaded my new scenarios into the database, realizing it will be revised later, as most everything in our little CS universe does. I am not sure why that could present a problem as long as the designer keeps track of any subsequent revisions and immediately downloads that new version to the DB? Should a game fail to run due to conflicting revisions it's fairly simple for all players to simply visit the DB and download it fresh. I recommend this to all. Unless you're getting files sent from another player directly, it's always a good practice to visit the DB and make sure you're playing the latest version.

In general the big scenarios like mine have long cycle times between revisions in any case.

It is entirely possible I'm missing the entire point here...so feel free to slap me down...lol...
12-10-2018, 09:34 AM,
Hello Battlers'

I have officially completed the final update of Putingrad and uploaded it into the scenario database. This should be the last update, since I've never updated any of my scenarios after their official release. Sorry for some of the confusion pertaining to the release. Lately I've been putting new scenarios out there for purely play-testing purposes, but I appreciate the help and feedback. 

It's perfectly fine with me if those who have completed the 'early version' of the scenario want to report it.

The scenario should be much more balanced now. I've fixed the no-go bridge (it was hiding a river on one end). The Reds will be aided by a lot more woods and cover going into the factory district. The Germans have been gutted sufficiently (lost a Tiger and other AFV's, no more Nebelwerfers although they do keep one rocket unit) to the point where they will/should be hard pressed to hold their gains against a beefed up Russian foe (full strength SU-152's and 122's, more tank-riding infantry). 

I added one extra turn (25), evened up the smoke (35), and kept the victory conditions the same. 
It's still a size 7. 

Enjoy!

Tankertony>>>