• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Putingrad is here!
09-17-2018, 08:51 AM,
New Game  Putingrad is here!
Hello Gentlemen,
I've just completed the first major revision of my Putingrad scenario. After play-testing against a human, I've streamlined it a bit and brought it down from a size 9 to a size 7. Hypothetical Meeting engagement in the upper Donbass between a panzer division and a tank brigade.
It may need one more battle to adjust the points scheme, so I'm looking for an opponent to take either side. It is intended that the German player be aggressive and move in and take Putingrad as quickly as possible, and then prepare for the inevitable Russian onslaught. The whole map is eerily similar to another '-grad'.
You can download it here; everyone is welcome to take a look.

I also have another scenario in the works: a huge map desert battle 43' (southern Tunisia). Size 8 or 9.

Tankertony>>>

Attached Files
.zip   Putingrad.zip (Size: 39.77 KB / Downloads: 16)
Quote this message in a reply
09-20-2018, 07:35 AM,
RE: Putingrad is here!
(09-17-2018, 08:51 AM)Tankertony Wrote: Hello Gentlemen,
I've just completed the first major revision of my Putingrad scenario. After play-testing against a human, I've streamlined it a bit and brought it down from a size 9 to a size 7. Hypothetical Meeting engagement in the upper Donbass between a panzer division and a tank brigade.
It may need one more battle to adjust the points scheme, so I'm looking for an opponent to take either side. It is intended that the German player be aggressive and move in and take Putingrad as quickly as possible, and then prepare for the inevitable Russian onslaught. The whole map is eerily similar to another '-grad'.

I also have another scenario in the works: a huge map desert battle 43' (southern Tunisia). Size 8 or 9.

Tankertony>>>

Had a peak at your creation :). If you don't have any other takers, I can help test it. Give me a shout if that works for ya
Cam
09-23-2018, 04:02 AM,
I appreciate the offer to battle. I emailed you using the Blitz.org email option.
11-25-2018, 11:38 PM,

Tankertony>>>

Tony - Von Earl and I just completed this one - with me as the Germans and it was not even close as the Germans have the advantage right off the bat, plus the Reds are very outgunned - results were a major loss for the reds as we stopped with about 10 turns left. Seems to us both that the Reds have no answers for the german tanks, and nothing to counter the tigers.

How do Earl and I get credit for this game as it is not in the database listing? Should I go ahead and put the game in the DB?

Thanks for all the work Tony in creating scenarios for us!

Steve
11-27-2018, 12:57 PM,
(11-25-2018, 11:38 PM)Tiger 88 Wrote:

Tankertony>>>

Tony - Von Earl and I just completed this one - with me as the Germans and it was not even close as the Germans have the advantage right off the bat, plus the Reds are very outgunned - results were a major loss for the reds as we stopped with about 10 turns left. Seems to us both that the Reds have no answers for the german tanks, and nothing to counter the tigers.

How do Earl and I get credit for this game as it is not in the database listing? Should I go ahead and put the game in the DB?

Thanks for all the work Tony in creating scenarios for us!

Steve

Hello Steve, 

Thanks for that battle report. I absolutely agree, this one needs more adjustment. Rather than adding a lot more Russian forces, I am going to gut some of the German OOB in order to keep the battle roughly the same size. I played a couple of games and made good notes and gotten feedback. 
Don't add it to the DB just yet, as I have one more revision to go. As for credit, I'm not sure how you want to handle it. Since I haven't officially released the scenario, it's still kinda in playtest mode. 
I'll post when I have it ready. 

Tankertony
11-30-2018, 12:24 AM,
To report it on the ladder you may want to ask Dave if you could report it as a "generic size" scenario? Idea2
Or, delay the report until Tony uploads it? Waiting2

It is up to the Ladder leader. Respect

Farmer

HSL
11-30-2018, 02:34 PM,
If the scenario was registered for H2H testing, there are points given to play testers, but if the scenario is being privately developed and the developer enlists some guys to help him, then there are no points awarded for that, just the appreciation from the developer. I don't think anyone would mind, however, if the players reported a game result when the final version is added to the database. If I'm wrong, feel free to speak up and give me some alternatives if you think there should be any.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
11-30-2018, 08:21 PM,
Putingrad is already a real scenario by the very nature of it being attached to this thread. I have a copy on my rig.

I don't see a problem with TankerTony adding it to the data base as Putingrad[1st Edition]. In this way Von and Tiger88 could report their game played.

Then when TT has updated it he could change the database record to show [2nd Edition] or better yet maybe add [2nd Edition] as a whole new entry. The latter way might be better because the players that come along after this conversation could experience what the scenario was like at its inception [1st  Edition] and what it evolved into [2nd Edition].

The only problem/caveat I see is the file name. The file for [1st Edition] would have to be identified by renaming to something like putingrad[1st] or just keeping it putingrad and then when the second comes out naming it putingrad[2nd] or something like that. This would prevent the over writing on one's rig of the old file. The map and org file shouldn't need to be changed.

Either way its a valid scenario so I would add it to the database even with and while play testing is going on.

Regards,
John
11-30-2018, 10:46 PM,
(11-30-2018, 08:21 PM)Ivan The Big Wrote: Putingrad is already a real scenario by the very nature of it being attached to this thread. I have a copy on my rig.

I don't see a problem with TankerTony adding it to the data base as Putingrad[1st Edition]. In this way Von and Tiger88 could report their game played.

Then when TT has updated it he could change the database record to show [2nd Edition] or better yet maybe add [2nd Edition] as a whole new entry. The latter way might be better because the players that come along after this conversation could experience what the scenario was like at its inception [1st  Edition] and what it evolved into [2nd Edition].

The only problem/caveat I see is the file name. The file for [1st Edition] would have to be identified by renaming to something like putingrad[1st] or just keeping it putingrad and then when the second comes out naming it putingrad[2nd] or something like that. This would prevent the over writing on one's rig of the old file. The map and org file shouldn't need to be changed.

Either way its a valid scenario so I would add it to the database even with and while play testing is going on.

Regards,
John

I have no problem just playing the scenario to give feedback to the designer Plenty of guys have done that for me :-) Tony, there was one other thing I forgot to tell Steve and you about the bridge over the river at the bottom right it was unusable by my vehicles. I don't know if it was designed that way or not.

I couldn't see why it was impassable from looking at the map. Other than being a bit out gunned I enjoyed the scenario should be a good one.

VE
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
12-01-2018, 06:18 AM,
(11-30-2018, 08:21 PM)Ivan The Big Wrote: Putingrad is already a real scenario by the very nature of it being attached to this thread. I have a copy on my rig.

Regards,
John

I wouldn't have a problem with that at all, but I'll leave it up to the three of them if they wish to do that.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email