• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

News on Ed (Ritchie 61
07-20-2018, 08:12 PM,
RE: News on Ed (Ritchie 61
Very sad news to hear.

Ed and I talked a couple of times but never played each other.

He did some fantastic mod work for Tigers on the Hunt which I will cherish always.

God's blessings to him and his family!

R.I.P. Ed.
Quote this message in a reply
07-21-2018, 04:56 AM,
Very sad news, our thoughts go out to his friends and family.
07-21-2018, 03:34 PM,
Very, very sad news. Ed was a prolific tester for the Panzer Battles series and together with Dennis looked over nearly every scenario.

He also contributed some of his top down artwork which will be shown in the upcoming North Africa title. A small tribute to a great guy.

David
07-21-2018, 10:54 PM,
News on Ed (Ritchie 61
Ed is a person we would like to have as a friend in life.
I have a thought for his family and to all who liked him.
Thank you Dennis for the message.

Pat
07-22-2018, 03:23 PM,
I have been away since May and had not talked to Ed since I sent him a Merry Christmas email and he teased me about not playing much anymore...this post is a punch in the gut. I am relieved to hear he is no longer suffering but incredibly sad one of the most genuinely kind people I have met through this hobby (which is saying something!) is no longer with us. My thoughts and prayers for his family, this is a tough loss for all of us...but he is at peace.

Until we meet again Ed!
07-23-2018, 07:28 PM,
Oh dear, how very very sad. RIP in gamer heaven my friend.

Condolences and prayers for his family and friends feeling the loss of his passing.
07-24-2018, 12:00 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-25-2018, 04:01 AM by Scud. Edit Reason: typo )
Sad news. I didn't know him, but reading the posts from those who did, my loss. I hope his family can take solace in knowing how positively he touched the lives of so many "faceless" friends, here at the Blitz, as I'm sure he did elsewhere.

Godspeed.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
07-25-2018, 03:33 AM,
I'm sorry for the loss. I'm not regular around here and I apologize for recently posting something without regard to this sad news. My condolences.
08-01-2018, 08:07 AM,
So sorry to read this, we played many games and chatted by email during the turns. He was always so patient at my slow turnaround, so talented with his artwork and so generous and helpful.

Such a lovely guy, I miss him.

Rest in Peace Ed
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. It is impolite."
Napoleon I
08-03-2018, 03:15 AM,
I am at a loss for words right now. I knew he was fighting cancer, but didn't realize just how serious a situation it was.

Ed was a fantastic person, a prolific gamer and a force of nature here at the Blitz. I don't think we will see his kind again.

Rest in Peace, Ed. I'll do what I can to make sure your legacy will not be forgotten in the SB world.

A
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4