• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

News on Ed (Ritchie 61
07-17-2018, 06:10 AM,
News on Ed (Ritchie 61
Hi Guys

I sent a message to check up on Ed and she just wrote me back Ed passed away last night.
 here is her message.

Dennis, I'm happy that you reached out. Ed passed on last night at 6:15. It was our 24th anniversary, and I believe he was holding on just for me. He died peacefully, which was a tremendous relief. He'd been excruciating pain for the past 6 months. Hospice was finally able to get his pain under control, and it was good that he was no longer suffering. All of you guys were very important to Ed. He loved playing you all's war games. I know he was quite good at it, and that doesn't surprise me. I'll be posting his obituary at some point either today or tomorrow. Please let all his friends know.

Ed rest in peace friend I enjoyed our games over the years godspeed my friend you will be missed.
Quote this message in a reply
07-17-2018, 06:34 AM,
RE: News on Ed (Ritchie 61
Thanks for posting the news Dennis.

Without a doubt, Ed was one of the nicest guys I ever got to know and play against in our club.

What devastating news about a first class guy!
07-17-2018, 09:35 AM,
Thanks for the update Dennis, very sad news indeed

Good to see Ed was a fighter to the end

He was a fantastic guy to game with and just have a chat with over a variety of subjects

Fair winds and following seas to the undiscovered country my friend

You be sorely missed but not forgotten
07-17-2018, 05:25 PM,
Ed and I had been playing Squad Battles for a few years. We played for the challenge, but mostly for the fun of it.

Through our emails we talked about more than wargaming and I came to value Ed as a friend. He was a very nice person. I will miss him very much.
07-17-2018, 09:22 PM,
Verry sad news, he was a good fiend.

He playtested ome of my Peoples General mods for me.

He won"t be forgotten.
07-17-2018, 10:17 PM,
Sad news, thank you for sharing this.

RIP Ed
Visit us at CSLegion.com
07-18-2018, 10:47 PM,
Wow. Sad, sad news indeed. Hugely missed. A mainstay here, a big hole in his family. In our 'family.'

Thanks for getting this word out. It is devastating, but I count myself blessed to have known him, and know him still.

<cue the bagpipes>

"Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound ..."

As a fellow Christian, Ed and I talked religion often. He encouraged me, was a 'sounding-board' and was a great witness. Ed has a Savior, and today he is with him in Paradise.
07-19-2018, 12:52 AM,
Sad news indeed.

Godspeed my friend.
07-19-2018, 04:21 AM,
Rest in peace Ed.

<salute>
07-20-2018, 12:47 AM,
Thanks for sharing. I have always enjoyed playing games with him. Rest in peace, Ed.