• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CWB Updates
06-08-2018, 10:08 PM,
RE: CWB Updates
(06-08-2018, 09:29 PM)Xaver Wrote: Hi, a little petition... somebody can upload an image of game in 2D mode max zoom with the brigade colours activate???

Thanks.
Quote this message in a reply
06-08-2018, 11:21 PM,
(06-08-2018, 09:29 PM)Xaver Wrote: Hi, a little petition... somebody can upload an image of game in 2D mode max zoom with the brigade colours activate???

Thanks.

Here you are, they are working.

Attached Files
.jpg   untitled.JPG (Size: 429.53 KB / Downloads: 206)
06-09-2018, 12:31 AM,
(06-08-2018, 11:21 PM)Lowlander Wrote:

Thanks.

Here you are, they are working.

Thanks a lot for the pic, i see that they move brigade colour outside the counter background... i see it less visible but... 

Anyway with the new patches i recover my idea of give a try to the serie (specially when looks like PzB3 is not going to appear in summer), i know Antietam and specially Gettysburg are the top dogs but i have more interest in the 1864-1865 titles with both sides burned after years of war (Overland looks like WWI but Petersburg appear has more open actions... and Franklin-Atlanta are a good option to).

PD: First Bull Run... how many times i play this battle in Empire Civil War game... but game only had the classic river fun Big Grin2
06-09-2018, 12:40 AM,
(06-09-2018, 12:31 AM)Xaver Wrote: Anyway with the new patches i recover my idea of give a try to the serie (specially when looks like PzB3 is not going to appear in summer), i know Antietam and specially Gettysburg are the top dogs but i have more interest in the 1864-1865 titles with both sides burned after years of war (Overland looks like WWI but Petersburg appear has more open actions... and Franklin-Atlanta are a good option to).

Note that as of now, the only 3.0 level updated games include:  Antietam, Chancellorsville, Peninsula, Petersburg. Gettysburg, Overland, and the other game updates won't be available until later this year.
06-09-2018, 01:43 AM,
(06-09-2018, 12:40 AM)berto Wrote:
(06-09-2018, 12:31 AM)Xaver Wrote: Anyway with the new patches i recover my idea of give a try to the serie (specially when looks like PzB3 is not going to appear in summer), i know Antietam and specially Gettysburg are the top dogs but i have more interest in the 1864-1865 titles with both sides burned after years of war (Overland looks like WWI but Petersburg appear has more open actions... and Franklin-Atlanta are a good option to).

Note that as of now, the only 3.0 level updated games include:  Antietam, Chancellorsville, Peninsula, Petersburg. Gettysburg, Overland, and the other game updates won't be available until later this year.

Gettysburg and Overland are not 3.0 ......yet.......at least not today.
06-09-2018, 03:36 AM,
Thanks for the info, i notice that like in PzC we are going to see updates for ACW step by step (well first round was more a wave than a step hehehe), i am interested in the late war part because is the one i know less (i dont know a lot about ACW as i know about WW2 or nap period) and offer a similar but at same time diferent taste compared with early part.

Have update today or not is not a great problem because WDS allways arrive to the goal (even when allways could be faster hehehe).

A little question, i read about standardized weapon values, this is only the damage or the range to??? because i remember read an AAR (i think covering Antietam) with units using rifle as the battlehorse of infantry with a range of 5... in the images of Petersburg i notice infantry units have a range of 3... this is the change in weapons??? or they use a diferent one??? ACW serie i remember read that offer more variety in fire weapons for infantry-cavalry (muskets, carbines, rifles, repeating and maybe a close combat class like pistols of shotguns???).
06-09-2018, 09:44 PM,
Am wondering what version that the guys that were having problems had updated from.  What is being described to me sounds like what happens when files that might be missing from an older version of the title got missed being added to the update. Leastwise, it has happened before in other series.

I am not seeing any issues in my Chancellorsville, but I was re-using my own material from what I had been in Petersberg. The only thing that doesn't 'work' are there are no leader graphics, but that is because the new versions went with relocating the leader graphic and adding a distinct one per side -which easy enough to change. 

I like that added flexibility along with the addition of being able to swap out graphic to an alternate set.
Send this user an email
06-09-2018, 11:40 PM,
(06-09-2018, 09:44 PM)trauth116 Wrote: Am wondering what version that the guys that were having problems had updated from.  What is being described to me sounds like what happens when files that might be missing from an older version of the title got missed being added to the update. Leastwise, it has happened before in other series.

I am not seeing any issues in my Chancellorsville, but I was re-using my own material from what I had been in Petersberg. The only thing that doesn't 'work' are there are no leader graphics, but that is because the new versions went with relocating the leader graphic and adding a distinct one per side -which easy enough to change. 

I like that added flexibility along with the addition of being able to swap out graphic to an alternate set.

check out the winter scn's with respect to "trail" hexes in Cville.

at zoom out there are no trail hexes.
at zoom in the "trail" hexes are jumbled.

I notified JTS support.
06-10-2018, 01:40 AM,
(06-09-2018, 11:40 PM)dukemat Wrote:
(06-09-2018, 09:44 PM)trauth116 Wrote: Am wondering what version that the guys that were having problems had updated from.  What is being described to me sounds like what happens when files that might be missing from an older version of the title got missed being added to the update. Leastwise, it has happened before in other series.

check out the winter scn's with respect to "trail" hexes in Cville.

at zoom out there are no trail hexes.
at zoom in the "trail" hexes are jumbled.

I notified JTS support.
The trails are visible, however the light colour doesn't stand out, in my opinion they need to be darker.
06-10-2018, 01:46 AM,

The problem I had with the Chancellorsville patch could have been caused by a old mod which had left a " Thumbs " file in the map folder. All other files were present and correct before and after the upgrade.