• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Release of Republican Bayonets on the Rhine (RBR)
03-25-2018, 01:34 PM,
RE: Release of Republican Bayonets on the Rhine (RBR)
(03-25-2018, 06:20 AM)Xaver Wrote: Sorry if you understand me bad, ...
Hey Xaver,  if you are wanting to talk about art, it is probably best to open up another thread on that topic.  Things have been happening in the art outside of the specific context of this series.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
03-25-2018, 02:23 PM,
Good idea, Steve. Start a new thread on the graphics of the series.
03-25-2018, 07:44 PM,
Maybe is the best option.

Returning to the topic i recomend RBR a lot, is a perfect title to start into Nap serie and if you search open battles with middle size armies with mobile combat is all you are looking for, the period covered is a bonus because as you said is the "dark age" of napoleonic wars and is allways interesting find "exotic" armies.
03-26-2018, 01:00 AM,
Yes, plenty of interesting units too. Lots of "Friekorps" for the Austrians, Royalist units, French National Guard, Light battalions and hussar images that you just won't normally see in a Napoleonic game. Our artwork guys worked hard on creating the 240+ images that are in the Units.bmp file. See the PDF RBR_Armies.pdf for a display of almost all of the images in the game.
03-29-2018, 12:22 PM,
For all those of you who may be interested, all 242 H2H scenarios are now officially uploaded to our database. 

Wow, there are alot of them!

You sure get alot of "bang for your buck" with this title!

Thumbs Up
03-31-2018, 04:50 AM,
(03-25-2018, 07:27 AM)BigDuke66 Wrote:
(03-25-2018, 07:18 AM)Sgt_Rock Wrote: You wont find a military atlas that covers these battles in this detail (Situation Maps and Battle maps). One of my goals is to produce a five volume set of military atlases for the French Revolution and Napoleonic Wars. Each atlas would go for 10 USD and be available on Kindle and possibly paperback. There is always the older Napoleonic atlas by Esposito and Elting and two atlases on the Peninsular War (two different works). Try finding a good atlas on the French Revolutionary wars! The maps usually are vague.
Bought if you do a PDF version, the ebooks I had in .epub till now had so bad graphics that they were useless.

(03-25-2018, 07:18 AM)Sgt_Rock Wrote: Special mention to Paul Synnott who helped with the translation of Picard's work on the 1800 campaign. He helped me work on the 2nd Battle of Biberach. Otherwise it never would have been included.
Shows how important a good team is.

One thing I would be sure to check if I do the e-book military atlas is that the map fills the page. I have yet to figure out why anyone these days would want to publish a book if the maps are tiny. Defeats the reason for having a map in a book in the first place. Another thing that irritates me is the constant reference to locations in a book but no map location is put on the map! Nafziger did that a lot and so do other authors. Major reference to a town but nothing on the map so that the person not familiar with the region can get a point of reference.

Its just a no-brainer to me to have good maps that are easily understood and have the pertinent locations on them.
04-04-2018, 11:11 PM,
Just bought this title and looking at it now. Fantastic and beautiful maps, Bill. 'Marengo-standard' of detail. Great job. Thanks.
04-06-2018, 01:13 AM,
(04-04-2018, 11:11 PM)phoenix Wrote: Just bought this title and looking at it now. Fantastic and beautiful maps, Bill. 'Marengo-standard' of detail. Great job. Thanks.

Thanks for your positive review! There is enough material in this game to keep you guys busy for a few days at least. (huge wink)
04-07-2018, 06:12 PM,
Enjoying this game a lot. We are having a bloody fight in the Valmy unleashed scenario.
04-08-2018, 04:41 AM,
Good to hear that! I playtested that scenario (and lost as the Allies). The Allies have good infantry but those fields make getting anywhere rough! And that is how it was too.

For your next game try: 179. The Battle of Neuburg-Oberhausen

A lot of "back and forth" action as both sides get reinforcements and toss the other player's units out of the villages. One of my favorites from the game.