• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

ME scenario problem
02-03-2018, 08:07 AM,
RE: ME scenario problem
@Anybody facing PBEM issues:  We have identified bugs related to side replay.  If both players opt to view side replays consistently, all appears to be WAD.  If one or the other skips any side replay, the game is borked.

We believe we have a fix for this.  Testing is underway.  A fix will be available in CSME 2.01.  Sorry for the trouble.
Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2018, 08:53 AM,
Tried new update and followed instructions still having same problems  I have 4 PBEM games going and cant get past the 2nd turn I know you guys are working on fixing this but this should have been found before releasing

Very Frustrated.
02-04-2018, 09:51 AM,
One more Question

The game installed to program files (x86) a lot of the newer games have to be installed direct to C drive on Windows 10
02-04-2018, 02:56 PM,
(02-04-2018, 09:51 AM)Landser34 Wrote: One more Question

The game installed to program files (x86) a lot of the newer games have to be installed direct to C drive on Windows 10

That won't matter. When you install it you have the option of changing the path to somewhere else, but it isn't necessary. I used the default too.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
02-04-2018, 03:27 PM,
(02-04-2018, 08:53 AM)Landser34 Wrote: Tried new update and followed instructions still having same problems  I have 4 PBEM games going and cant get past the 2nd turn I know you guys are working on fixing this but this should have been found before releasing

Very Frustrated.

The end turn bomb just happened to me again also, with the mod installed. Does it matter if the game had already begun? We were three turns or so in.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
02-04-2018, 04:10 PM,
Sorry to hear that. Which scenario is it you're playing?
Visit us at CSLegion.com
02-04-2018, 05:02 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-04-2018, 07:44 PM by Crossroads.)
(02-04-2018, 03:27 PM)Scud Wrote:
(02-04-2018, 08:53 AM)Landser34 Wrote: Tried new update and followed instructions still having same problems  I have 4 PBEM games going and cant get past the 2nd turn I know you guys are working on fixing this but this should have been found before releasing

Very Frustrated.

The end turn bomb just happened to me again also, with the mod installed. Does it matter if the game had already begun? We were three turns or so in.

Dave

Is this the Budapest scenario?

Edit: I don't get the error any more, I played the Budapest scenario as a PBEM against myself to end of turn 6. I started anew, so that might matter, too.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
02-05-2018, 01:14 AM,
Yes one of them was Budapest
02-05-2018, 02:52 AM,
(02-04-2018, 04:10 PM)Battle Kat Wrote: Sorry to hear that. Which scenario is it you're playing?

This one was "Into the Jaws of Schlomo". Logs attached. Again, we started it before the patch (Eric and I) and this turn was after the patch had been applied.

.zip   logs.zip (Size: 38.3 KB / Downloads: 1)

Dave
Send this user an email
02-05-2018, 04:16 AM,
A couple of other things I noticed. I can't call up the bombed turn, I get a 107 error, so I tried playing the autosaved "OLDER" turn. It calls up, I watch the replay, I notice my artillery plots never fire when my turn comes. I thought that had happened the first time, mbut I played on anyway. The plots just disappear. Nothing fires. Then, I decided to just save the turn, not end it, to see if that fixes anything. So just saving and the game bombs. I get the regular generic windows is reporting the problem BS. Hope that adds a few more clues.

Dave
Send this user an email