• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

ME scenario problem
01-31-2018, 07:43 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-31-2018, 07:45 AM by Scud. Edit Reason: typo )
ME scenario problem
Boisforas and I have started and stopped and restarted Jason Petho's "Thorn of Budapest" several times. On the Israeli second turn I end turn and the app bombs. Always that turn. Interestingly I don't do anything, since the Israeli's are just waiting for the fight to start. In fact, I only adjusted some op fire on my first move. Also, the ended turn can't be called up on Eric's side, so there's no save.

I haven't played any other scenarios yet, so not sure if I have an install issue or if this is a scenario bug. All I can say is I've played a few turns in a campaign to get the feel for it and all is well, so I doubt it's my install.

Error attached, but it's generic.

We're giving up on this scenario and moving on, but I'd be curious to know if there's an answer.

.jpg   error.jpg (Size: 21.2 KB / Downloads: 4)

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
01-31-2018, 12:52 PM,
RE: ME scenario problem
Any chance you can zip up your error log files and post them?
Send this user an email
01-31-2018, 01:23 PM,
(01-31-2018, 12:52 PM)Jason Petho Wrote: Any chance you can zip up your error log files and post them?

Sure, attached. Thanks for looking at it.

Dave

Attached Files
.zip   logs.zip (Size: 27.77 KB / Downloads: 5)
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
02-01-2018, 01:50 AM,
Thanks Dave. I can repeat the crash on my system as well, although I am able to go past turn 2 to Arab turn 3. Then it crashes. Logs don't tell of anything I can get a handle of, so this needs to go to Berto's debugger at some stage.

Sorry about this, please choose another one until we get a handle of what's going on here.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
02-01-2018, 01:57 AM,
(02-01-2018, 01:50 AM)Battle Kat Wrote: Thanks Dave. I can repeat the crash on my system as well, although I am able to go past turn 2 to Arab turn 3. Then it crashes. Logs don't tell of anything I can get a handle of, so this needs to go to Berto's debugger at some stage.

Sorry about this, please choose another one until we get a handle of what's going on here.

No worries. We've already started another. Always nice when an error can be confirmed.

Dave
Send this user an email
02-01-2018, 01:58 AM,
The scenario works on vs-AI mode, which with 2.0 runs on unencrypted files. A clue perhaps... I will encrypt everything again at our end and see if it has an effect.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
02-01-2018, 07:45 AM,
I have the same problem in October War Scenario #11. Always after finishing turn 2 the game crashes. Error log reads

2018-01-30 21:53:41 meengine.exe: [ERROR ID 107] (appl.cpp, line 1608, ApplWindow::OldBattle()) saves\!!DennisvsTom_October War Scenario #11.bte file data error
02-01-2018, 08:54 AM,
(02-01-2018, 07:45 AM)Alpha Zwo Wrote: I have the same problem in October War Scenario #11. Always after finishing turn 2 the game crashes. Error log reads

2018-01-30 21:53:41 meengine.exe: [ERROR ID 107] (appl.cpp, line 1608, ApplWindow::OldBattle()) saves\!!DennisvsTom_October War Scenario #11.bte file data error

Please post here, as a .zip file, your !!DennisvsTom_October War Scenario #11.bte save file.
02-01-2018, 10:52 AM,
Genlemen, Iam also having reinforcement dialog box problems in the scenarios Kahn Yunis, Straights of Tiran & Shlomo. The reinforcement dialog box gives me bum coordinates or does not show the reinforcements I kow are supposed to come or when I click on the reinfocements nothing comes in?! HELP! Eric
02-02-2018, 02:11 AM,
(02-01-2018, 08:54 AM)berto Wrote:
(02-01-2018, 07:45 AM)Alpha Zwo Wrote: I have the same problem in October War Scenario #11. Always after finishing turn 2 the game crashes. Error log reads

Please post here, as a .zip file, your !!DennisvsTom_October War Scenario #11.bte save file.

Here it is, hope it works.

Attached Files
.zip   error.zip (Size: 442 bytes / Downloads: 1)