• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

ME scenario problem
02-05-2018, 05:07 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-05-2018, 05:11 AM by Crossroads.)
RE: ME scenario problem
(02-05-2018, 04:16 AM)Scud Wrote: A couple of other things I noticed. I can't call up the bombed turn, I get a 107 error, so I tried playing the autosaved "OLDER" turn. It calls up, I watch the replay, I notice my artillery plots never fire when my turn comes. I thought that had happened the first time, mbut I played on anyway. The plots just disappear. Nothing fires. Then, I decided to just save the turn, not end it, to see if that fixes anything. So just saving and the game bombs. I get the regular generic windows is reporting the problem BS. Hope that adds a few more clues.

Dave

Yes, the friendly artillery can get omitted if you open a new save file from the File - Open. If you exit the scenario and Resume another save, everything works. 

I assume the save files were corrupt already on OLDER and OLDEST versions, as what you describe happened on my testing as well: the game crashed either when ending the turn which triggers a write action to file), or you manually Save, which also triggers a write action to file. If the file is corrupt, then it bombs. 

I am sorry but it seems you need to begin a new game. Remember to opt to watch Replays until the 2.01 executables are out. The bugs described in my Quick Fix post are all fixed now as far as I know.

Unfortunately, both Jaws and Budapest both had reinforcements, so if either of you even once opted to not watch the replay, then the save file got corrupt, that is my guess.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
Quote this message in a reply
02-06-2018, 01:49 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-06-2018, 01:51 AM by Crossroads.)
Guys, were there other scenarios giving you grief in 2.0?

I have played both the Jaws of Shlomo and Thorn of Budapest scenarios as a PBEM against myself with the new 2.01 exes + data as well without any issues.

Meanwhile, everyone should be OK playing with the fixed data files available in Quick-Fix, and by not opting out watching turn Replays on PBEMs (especially with reinforcements in them).
Visit us at CSLegion.com
02-06-2018, 01:15 PM,
The October War Scenario 11 have never made it past turn 2
02-06-2018, 06:26 PM,
(02-06-2018, 01:15 PM)Landser34 Wrote: The October War Scenario 11 have never made it past turn 2

Thanks, I can confirm this works as well with 2.01.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
02-07-2018, 07:41 AM,
(02-06-2018, 01:15 PM)Landser34 Wrote: The October War Scenario 11 have never made it past turn 2

Landser,

Petri told me I had an old link to the fix mod. Maybe your's is the old one too? Try this one: https://www.dropbox.com/s/sg7u6rgtbglq9k...s.zip?dl=0

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
02-07-2018, 10:46 AM,
Thanks Scud I'll give it a try.