• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

2.0 PBEM Difficulties
01-23-2018, 08:47 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-23-2018, 08:48 PM by Crossroads.)
RE: 2.0 PBEM Difficulties
Eric, if you saved the files to your install directory, they indeed should be there. 

Perhaps have the game Save As -dialog open at the same time you have your Yahoo email attachment dialog open, to make sure you at the same folder with both of them.

Something does not add up here. I mean, once you save a file somewhere, there it is then.

Folks have reported Anti Virus programmes creating difficulties with installation, for instance quarantining (sp?) the game exes. I have not heard anyone having Anti Virus quarantine a text file, as that what the PBEM save file is.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
Quote this message in a reply
01-24-2018, 01:01 PM,
(01-23-2018, 08:47 PM)Battle Kat Wrote: Eric, if you saved the files to your install directory, they indeed should be there. 

Perhaps have the game Save As -dialog open at the same time you have your Yahoo email attachment dialog open, to make sure you at the same folder with both of them.

Something does not add up here. I mean, once you save a file somewhere, there it is then.

Folks have reported Anti Virus programmes creating difficulties with installation, for instance quarantining (sp?) the game exes. I have not heard anyone having Anti Virus quarantine a text file, as that what the PBEM save file is.
Kat: Thank you for your help. I also emailed Jason about this problem & he suggested going around the windows save & dragging & dropping the game file right into the body of the email which works & hopefully "teaches" the computer how to get the game file to the email. Now I have just the opposite problem: When I get an email from my opponent with an attached move, I go through the usual sequence to get the move to the ME scenario box where I can then click on the game file to begin to play only the move doesn't show up there?! I'm doing the right sequence but the email move doesn't come through?! Any ideas about that kind of problem? Eric
01-25-2018, 02:29 AM,
Eric, do you think you could have someone like a relative or a friend to visit you and see what's going on?
Visit us at CSLegion.com
01-25-2018, 04:23 PM,
(01-25-2018, 02:29 AM)Battle Kat Wrote: Eric, do you think you could have someone like a relative or a friend to visit you and see what's going on?
Kat: I don't know anyone where I live that plays CS. Scud however, may try to get together with me this wek end via computer to try & solve this problem. I think the 2.0 upgrade has "confused" my computer into vanishing game files which is whats happening here. Why? I don't know. I'm doing exactly the same sequence Ive been doing for 600+ PBEM games since I started in 2006. Hopefully Jason will be able to tell me what I'm doing wrong here-Eric
01-26-2018, 05:25 AM,
I was thinking that probably anyone who's good with computers can help you out, doesn't need to be someone familiar with Campaign Series.

If you'd just point out where the game is, and show the Save As dialog there, then ask at the same time how to move files between game \saves folder and your Yahoo mail client.

Then, I'd guess almost any person familiar with Windows could assist you. My guess so anyway.

Hope you're soon back in play!
Visit us at CSLegion.com
01-27-2018, 02:25 AM,
(01-26-2018, 05:25 AM)Battle Kat Wrote: I was thinking that probably anyone who's good with computers can help you out, doesn't need to be someone familiar with Campaign Series.

If you'd just point out where the game is, and show the Save As dialog there, then ask at the same time how to move files between game \saves folder and your Yahoo mail client.

Then, I'd guess almost any person familiar with Windows could assist you. My guess so anyway.

Hope you're soon back in play!
Kat: I think Ive got these3 problems solved. Jason recommended to delete all vestiges of ME, both old & new, then down load 2.0 again. This appears to work. I think some of the old ME was still in the pathways & was misdirecting my game files to places that were no longer there. Thank you for your time & guidance with this problem-Eric
01-27-2018, 03:36 AM,
Glad you were able to sort it out, Eric! Helmet Smile
Visit us at CSLegion.com
01-31-2018, 03:17 PM,
RE: 2.0 PBEM Difficulties, Again
Gentlemen, I'm now having problems with the reinforcement dialog box: Not listing reinforcement or not being able to introduce reinforcements into the game?! HELP!! Eric
01-31-2018, 03:55 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-31-2018, 05:45 PM by Crossroads.)
What scenario is this?

We are looking at a PBEM reinforcement at the moment where if you do NOT wath the enemy replay the reinforcement data in sceneario becomes corrups. Seems there is a event engine issue in this case that might go out of whack. See from you previous save if everything continues to be OK when always watching the enemy replay.

But it would help to know what scenario you are playing to see if there is something there.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
02-01-2018, 01:55 AM,
Thorn of Budapest, right? Dave reported this on main forum, I can't tell yet what's wrong with it, but until we can fix the scenario or what ever is the issue, please choose another PBEM game.

Too bad, that's a fun scenario...
Visit us at CSLegion.com