• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

2.0 PBEM Difficulties
01-20-2018, 04:52 AM,
2.0 PBEM Difficulties
Boisforas here with a email problem with 2.0. Ive successfully downloaded 2.0, knocked ou7t a PBEM turn in a scenario & went through the steps to send the turn off to my opponent. The problem I'm having is that the turn does not show up in the "saves" file?! I did delete the old ME game before I downloaded 2.0 but the old scenarios I was playing stayed in the "saves" file?! But not the new game turn I did with 2.0. Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong here? Thanx for your time, Eric
Quote this message in a reply
01-20-2018, 01:44 PM,
RE: 2.0 PBEM Difficulties
(01-20-2018, 04:52 AM)Boisforas Wrote: Boisforas here with a email problem with 2.0. Ive successfully downloaded 2.0, knocked ou7t a PBEM turn in a scenario & went through the steps to send the turn off to my opponent. The problem I'm having is that the turn does not show up in the "saves" file?! I did delete the old ME game before I downloaded 2.0 but the old scenarios I was playing stayed in the "saves" file?! But not the new game turn I did with 2.0. Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong here? Thanx for your time, Eric

Look in Documents\my games.  TOAW IV and others save games there.  I saved my first PBEM game there tonight.  If not already there, create a folder for it.
01-21-2018, 07:21 AM,
(01-20-2018, 01:44 PM)fastphil Wrote:
(01-20-2018, 04:52 AM)Boisforas Wrote: Boisforas here with a email problem with 2.0. Ive successfully downloaded 2.0, knocked ou7t a PBEM turn in a scenario & went through the steps to send the turn off to my opponent. The problem I'm having is that the turn does not show up in the "saves" file?! I did delete the old ME game before I downloaded 2.0 but the old scenarios I was playing stayed in the "saves" file?! But not the new game turn I did with 2.0. Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong here? Thanx for your time, Eric

Look in Documents\my games.  TOAW IV and others save games there.  I saved my first PBEM game there tonight.  If not already there, create a folder for it.
Where is Documents/My Games? How do I get there? Eric
01-21-2018, 12:32 PM,

Hi Eric,

When going through the process of saving it, and it comes up to an Explorer window, direct it to go to the Saves folder in the game. Mine did it automatically to the Saves folder, but I'm running win 7, if you have 10, it might be different.

Attached Files
.jpg   PBEM shot.jpg (Size: 300.13 KB / Downloads: 3)
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
01-21-2018, 03:33 PM,
(01-21-2018, 12:32 PM)Warhorse Wrote:

Hi Eric,

When going through the process of saving it, and it comes up to an Explorer window, direct it to go to the Saves folder in the game. Mine did it automatically to the Saves folder, but I'm running win 7, if you have 10, it might be different.
 That's what the problem is: the move isn't going into the saves folder. And I'm not savy e3nough with comkputers to figure out why not-Eric
01-21-2018, 04:19 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-22-2018, 04:19 PM by Crossroads.)
Eric, and anyone having this issue, the saves are indeed supposed to continue to go to /saves subfolder.

With some operating system versions, the installer does not seem to be able to have the proper save path included at first, so you'd need to navigate there yourself. Once you've done it once, the game remembers it.

Eric: open up your previous turn, choose Menu - File - Save As, and manually navigate to game's /saves folder, then save it there.

Then, you are good to go.

Edit typo
Visit us at CSLegion.com
01-22-2018, 12:55 PM,
(01-21-2018, 04:19 PM)Battle Kat Wrote: Eric, and anyone having this issue, the saves are indeed supposed to continue to go to /saves subfolder.

With some operating system versions, the installer does not seem to be able to have the proper save path included at first, so you'd need to navigate there yourself. Once you've done it once, the game remembers it.

Eric: open up your previous turn, choose Menu - File - Save As, and manually navigate to game's /folder, then save it there.

Then, you are good to go.
Kat: Ive tried that & what happens is the turn does not go into the windows file in order to be attached to an email?! Eric
01-22-2018, 04:21 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-22-2018, 08:07 PM by Crossroads.)
Eric, how far did you get.

First, do a Save As to your "...\Campaign Series Middle East\saves" folder. Once you have done that, all game saves should find their way there without further manual intervention.

Second, when attaching a turn to your email, you will find the save file there.

I can do a couple of visual screenshots when I am back from work today, let me know if you succeeded in meanwhile.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
01-23-2018, 03:52 AM,
(01-22-2018, 04:21 PM)Battle Kat Wrote: Eric, how far did you get.

First, do a Save As to your "...\Campaign Series Middle East\saves" folder. Once you have done that, all game saves should find their way there without further manual intervention.

I can do a couple of visual screenshots when I am back from work today, let me know if you succeeded in meanwhile.

Here goes. With any scenario, open one up, and ... 

(1) select File - Save As

(2) in the opening dialog, navigate to your saves folder

(3) click ok to Save there. 

From now on, the game should automatically put your saves to this folder. It is also the one you can find them to attach to your PBEM emails. 

[Image: 2173D698F7D742E38FE7D9977217583F.jpg]
Visit us at CSLegion.com
01-23-2018, 08:14 AM,
(01-23-2018, 03:52 AM)Battle Kat Wrote:
(01-22-2018, 04:21 PM)Battle Kat Wrote: Eric, how far did you get.

Here goes. With any scenario, open one up, and ... 

(1) select File - Save As

(2) in the opening dialog, navigate to your saves folder

(3) click ok to Save there. 
 I'm doing that-its after I exit the ME  program & go to yahoo email & go through the sequence to get a turn file vcready to attach is where there is no game file there to attach-Eric
From now on, the game should automatically put your saves to this folder. It is also the one you can find them to attach to your PBEM emails. 

[Image: 2173D698F7D742E38FE7D9977217583F.jpg]