• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Atheory's Project: Operation Fischreiher (Stalingrad42)
02-15-2018, 09:13 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-15-2018, 09:14 AM by Ocito80.)
RE: Atheory's Project: Operation Fischreiher (Stalingrad42)
The sheet has been fleshed out since then, I'll post the updated one for your curiosity. You can find it in the OP.
Quote this message in a reply
02-20-2018, 09:06 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-20-2018, 09:08 AM by Plain Ian.)
A couple of questions on the OOB for Fischreiher. 

German 305th 376th Division (VIII AK) starts on map with only 6 Battalions. The III Bn from each Regiment is missing? Is this correct?

The Russians have a few independent Tank Battalions on map at start as well 646th/647th. They show in the .oob file. But they don't appear in the Unit Orgnization Dialogues for the game or when running pcedit.exe? 
I can add them as reinforcements by opening and editing the scenario file manually but how would you set them up in the .oob file if you want them to show in the Dialogues?

Edit - German unit corrected.....
02-20-2018, 12:48 PM,
From what I can see, the 376th ID was part of the 19th Welle, which consisted of 4 divisions (370, 371, 376, 377) which were raised with 3 regiments of 2 battalions each. Hence the 6 battalions :)

Not sure what you're getting at with the two tank battalions. They are assigned to the 63rd Army.
If they aren't in the unit dialogue box, then they are on the map or vice versa. The only way for them to not exist (i believe) is if you resized the scenario from the original one, thus leaving them off the map to begin with. If this to be the case and you've already done a lot of editing you can just manually add a second set of those units to the oob, or start over by first remove those two units from the original map before creating a smaller sub-scenario off the original one.

let me know if I've addressed these adequately, if not, feel free to rephrase and I'll try again.

Sincerely
Atheory
02-20-2018, 01:03 PM,
On another note, I am working on a Stalingrad (Op_Uranus) scenario that hopefully can address some of the inconsistencies found in stock. Since I assume newer information is available, they are bound for an update. Hopefully it will be my last big splash on the EF before either WF or the Med start to come out. But who knows where the creative spirit will take you!
02-21-2018, 09:09 AM,
(02-20-2018, 12:48 PM)Ocito80 Wrote: From what I can see, the 376th ID was part of the 19th Welle, which consisted of 4 divisions (370, 371, 376, 377) which were raised with 3 regiments of 2 battalions each. Hence the 6 battalions :)

Not sure what you're getting at with the two tank battalions. They are assigned to the 63rd Army.
If they aren't in the unit dialogue box, then they are on the map or vice versa. The only way for them to not exist (i believe) is if you resized the scenario from the original one, thus leaving them off the map to begin with. If this to be the case and you've already done a lot of editing you can just manually add a second set of those units to the oob, or start over by first remove those two units from the original map before creating a smaller sub-scenario off the original one.

let me know if I've addressed these adequately, if not, feel free to rephrase and I'll try again.

Sincerely
Atheory

Yes you are right. I had assumed all German units were 3 Regiment 3 Battalion types and forgot about the crazy Welle system the Germans used. I had noticed differences in the Infantry Division reconnaissance units and pioneer units.

The problem with the Russian tank units is not really an OOB problem, its possibly more of a PzC issue or something about PzC I do not understand. I have made up a sub map and created a scenario (uses sub map, Drive_For_Stalingrad.oob) but I see the same thing when I look at Fischfreiher?

If you use pcoob.exe to look at Drive_For_Stalingrad.oob and you will see the two tank units.

[Image: 2018-02-19_22h56_49.png]

If you open up the game and then the Units dialogue box or even if you are using the pcedit.exe to change a scenario you do not see the units? Even if you are looking at the campaign file Fischreiher?

[Image: 2018-02-20_17h12_45.png]

So when using the pcedit.exe you cannot select the unit as they are not there? I can still add them as reinforcements by manually changing the .scn file with a text editor though.

Is it to do with the way the units appears in the .oob file?

[Image: 2018-02-20_17h16_12.png]
02-21-2018, 09:25 AM,
I too am at a loss then. Have you tried duplicating the problem to see if only those two units are still effected? I'm not sure how just two units could be so affected and everything else remains just fine. Maybe some curious and knowledgeable bystanders will jump in.
07-19-2019, 10:03 PM,
Damn, how did I missed this one?

I´ve started working on something similar some time ago, but was forced to pause it a few times because of real life´s merciless surprises and demands Big Grin 

Now I´m fully in it again working on it every day.
Looking forward to arrive at home and study your work, it´ll surely help me and maybe we can trade some ideas, what state it is at the moment, did anyone tried it? What about your work on operation Uranus?
07-28-2019, 11:08 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-28-2019, 11:27 PM by Grengel.)
Quote:42nd Rifle Bde

http://sibvo1941-1945.ru/42-%D1%8F-%D0%B...%B4%D0%B0/
http://samsv.narod.ru/Br/Sbr/osbr042/main.html
12-28-2022, 08:10 AM,
I just found this and saved the scenario and opened it up in the editor on 4.01 and made a minor bit of text editing.

[Image: x6ICGXR.png]

What a beauty of a scenario!

[Image: madKM8K.jpg]

The scenario does need work with the Italians however?

[Image: gMeLdDB.jpg]
12-28-2022, 08:15 AM,
Looks like there is no Italians in the OOB. Not quite sure how to fix that yet.

Not sure if the original author is still around or not.