• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Atheory's Project: Operation Fischreiher (Stalingrad42)
01-26-2018, 06:01 AM,
RE: Atheory's Project: Operation Fischreiher (Stalingrad42)
Yes, the tank corps should be fixed and alternative assault resolution. I'm trying to streamline the unit data and rules to conform with those present in the alt-scenarios, as in Volcanoman's scenarios. There are some minor differences to be found, but nothing too out of place.
Quote this message in a reply
01-27-2018, 10:59 AM,
I updated the scenario to fix the 28th Tank Corps. i also separated the scenario files and the unit images into two distinct downloads. I'm approaching my storage limit on the forum so I may have to delve through some older posts and see what I have around for attachments I can delete.
01-28-2018, 10:10 PM,
(01-27-2018, 10:59 AM)Ocito80 Wrote: I'm approaching my storage limit on the forum so I may have to delve through some older posts and see what I have around for attachments I can delete.

Why don't you upload your scenario creations into the TOC H2H Testing Area?  Idea2

https://www.theblitz.club/h2h-production...s&ladder=3

"The H2H Scenario Testing Area allows scenario designers and play testers to come together to approve new scenarios. Scenario designers can post their new scenarios here and players can help test these scenarios in beta form, assisting the designers by providing feedback in the form of test reports. Testers gain bonus ladder points for play testing scenarios and reporting on the game. Once a scenario attains the required score to become approved and is moved to the approved list the designer also receives bonus ladder points."

You, as the scenario developer, can closely monitor your play test teams as they work through your designs and you will have feedback reports to help refine your creations. You and your play test teams will also receive ladder bonus points! Win win!  Smile 

Uploading your scenarios into the H2H Area "may" free up some storage as I don't believe H2H files count against your overall storage limits. Double check with a Blitz Officer to ensure that's true.

Also, once your scenarios have gone through the H2H process and are approved, they are added to the Blitz scenario database for all players to download and enjoy!  Smile

Most likely, the H2H Blitz Officer would recommend that you upload only a couple of your scenario designs at a time since they are large. Based on my prior experience as the CS H2H Officer, each round of play testing would take in the range of 6-9 months to complete.

Now the hard point... which scenario designs to upload first?  Idea2

I recommend you upload the scenarios that you are really passionate about and ones that you still retain the most "fresh" research memory! It's tough to keep it all straight when you have a lot of scenario creations under development!

I believe going the H2H route will help you immediately with your file storage challenges... provide a platform and process that you and your play test teams can utilize to test your creations... and add tested and approved new scenarios to the Blitz database for all players to enjoy!  Big Grin   

Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
02-08-2018, 08:33 AM,
I've started looking at making a scenario just using part of the map. The actual campaign is daunting but a smaller scenario might ease players into it? It would be based on the situation in the north at Serafimovich. The sub map would be as below.

[Image: 2018-02-07_21h52_28.png]

Basically we would take the situation in the main campaign game and create a scenario from it. 

[Image: 2018-02-03_20h03_55.png]
02-08-2018, 03:44 PM,
One issue with regards to Serafimovich, it wasn't cleared of Russians until late august. So, i'm not sure how enjoyable a long scenario would be with only a few divisions. Maybe it'll work, I dunno, the turns would be quick for sure. The 3rd Celere Div would eventually move to help clear out Serafimovich with the german units (early august?). While that was happening, the Russians launched an offensive (aug 20 I think) against the Italian 2nd division pushing it back from the banks of the Don River to roughly its current spot on the map in the previous post. It was during this Russian offensive that the Barbo group launched a costly yet successful cavalry charge against Russian positions near Izubshenskiy. The end result after a month of fighting (july to aug) was the Russians exchanging one bridgehead at Serafimovich for another one a few km west.

Maybe having the scenario start on August 20 through August 28 or 29 would work. There wouldn't be that many units to move about to get it working.
02-10-2018, 06:23 AM,
I'm tackling a new project, I am in fact attempting to recreate the wheel, or rather reverse-engineer it. I've long wondered how the unit values were determined.......what the thinking was, the calculations used etc. Therefore, I am creating my own database which I will then apply to one of my scenarios and begin testing.
02-10-2018, 09:33 PM,
(02-08-2018, 03:44 PM)Ocito80 Wrote: One issue with regards to Serafimovich, it wasn't cleared of Russians until late august. So, i'm not sure how enjoyable a long scenario would be with only a few divisions. Maybe it'll work, I dunno, the turns would be quick for sure. The 3rd Celere Div would eventually move to help clear out Serafimovich with the german units (early august?). While that was happening, the Russians launched an offensive (aug 20 I think) against the Italian 2nd division pushing it back from the banks of the Don River to roughly its current spot on the map in the previous post. It was during this Russian offensive that the Barbo group launched a costly yet successful cavalry charge against Russian positions near Izubshenskiy. The end result after a month of fighting (july to aug) was the Russians exchanging one bridgehead at Serafimovich for another one a few km west.

Maybe having the scenario start on August 20 through August 28 or 29 would work. There wouldn't be that many units to move about to get it working.

You seem to have this well researched. The scenario idea came about because I was playing about with the situation at Serafimovich to see if the 305th Division could squash the small bridgehead of the 293rd Rifle Division before the rest of the Division could cross. The Russians react with their only available reserve the 39th tank Bde. A small skirmish develops into a larger battle as both sides feed more units in.

[Image: 2018-02-03_22h19_50.png]

I then thought of trying to make a scenario to make this easier to play rather than keep starting the campaign over and over and initially thought of just covering the 21st Army sector.

[Image: 2018-02-03_20h33_41.png]

Maybe I should go back to this idea and just play through a few days to see how things go. I haven't played about much with the Editors or looked at the .scn/oob files yet. I made a sub map and created a scenario copying campaign file. I just need to find time to edit out all the units I do not need and set up units as reinforcements.
02-11-2018, 03:54 AM,
cool.....and removing units on map via the editor is easy-peasy. Just double click on unit and hit the "x" key and voila. or to move units on map already, just double click, hold ctrl and click on hex you want to move them do. Creating that sub-campaign does most of the work for you already, in relation to the larger scenario. :)
02-11-2018, 05:10 AM,
Enclosed is my working excel sheet on unit values. If any are interested, feel free to have a look. Just note it is a working sheet and therefore nothing is set in stone yet.

Attached Files
.zip   PzC Unit Values.zip (Size: 56.21 KB / Downloads: 6)
02-15-2018, 08:44 AM,
(02-11-2018, 05:10 AM)Ocito80 Wrote: Enclosed is my working excel sheet on unit values. If any are interested, feel free to have a look. Just note it is a working sheet and therefore nothing is set in stone yet.

I had a look in your spreadsheet. No notes or comments so maybe you can elaborate a bit about the difference between Gren42(m) and Gren42(m) HW? 

For comparison I've pulled out the Alt_Mcnamara factors in Stalingrad 42. The Russians lose 20% in Soft attack and the Germans are reduced slightly more about 23%. 
No change in Hard attack for Gren42(m) and possibly a big change for the Gre42(m)HW as I guess the extra factor may be signigicant???

Big changes for the German in Defense Strength and Assault values.

Am I reading this correct?

[Image: 2018-02-14_22h31_53.png]