• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Atheory's Project: Operation Fischreiher (Stalingrad42)
01-22-2018, 07:29 AM,
RE: Atheory's Project: Operation Fischreiher (Stalingrad42)
Traditionally most Italian Infantry type divisions only had one AT company as part of their organization. I believe the 2nd Div here had 2 additional ones attached for their Russian deployment. Also of note, the 2nd Hadn't seen any real fighting thus far in Russia aside from some mop-up actions during the initial days of Case Blau.

I am still unsure that the 2nd Div be rated as C morale. We'll see how it plays out in the scenario for now.
Quote this message in a reply
01-23-2018, 03:23 AM,
Will you upload a new version with correct Soviet command radii, or should I fix those myself until you have enough material for a larger update?
01-23-2018, 12:39 PM,
It is on my to-do list. Sadly, an oversight on my part. I've been busy cleaning up my OOB for the Smolensk'43 scenario. I want to get it to a state to where I can start placing units on the map without concern for any major future alterations to said oob. To that end, it will probably be ready by tonight or tomorrow, and then I'll switch back to Op_Fischreiher and get that taken care of before the weekend, which I plan (hope for rather) to replace many of those Generic Russian division leaders with actual named ones.
01-23-2018, 07:06 PM,
I have a new battle order from the game Campaign To Stalingrad (rhino games) that includes many aerial files with different types of fighters and a new map that includes the Caucasus. If you are interested, I can send it to you.
01-24-2018, 04:02 AM,
@Vasili

I appreciate the offer, however, I think the scale of that game might be to large to really add anything to the scenario. At least from what I see on the surface.
01-24-2018, 05:00 AM,
Scenario files updated -

1) Adjusted some of the command radius of HQ units.
2) Renamed a bunch of the Generic Russian HQs with named leaders.
3) Renamed a bunch of the generic div AT/Eng units in Russian divisions with actual numbered ones.
01-24-2018, 07:04 AM,
Please let us know when one of your scenario designs completes a first round of play testing!  Smile

What are you anticipating from a time frame? Maybe 6-9 months? Idea2
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
01-24-2018, 07:43 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-25-2018, 05:59 AM by Plain Ian.)
(01-23-2018, 07:06 PM)Vasili.I.Chuikov Wrote: I have a new battle order from the game Campaign To Stalingrad (rhino games) that includes many aerial files with different types of fighters and a new map that includes the Caucasus. If you are interested, I can send it to you.

The Fischreiher map is huge but only covers quite a small portion of the boardgame CtS map which is 16km per hex. I've copied a picture from the Cyberboard map at Boardgamegeek to give you an idea of what part of the boardgame CtS map is covered. Graphics are not great but it lets you see the campaign area in the game.

[Image: 2018-01-23_21h32_26.png]

Here is the Jump Map for comparison.

[Image: 2018-01-23_21h32_52.png]

Editted to correct CtR.
01-24-2018, 09:12 PM,
the scale is the problem, you could do 4 games of the entire Fall Blau campaign perfectly, too much work a pity. good luck with the scenario I will try it, for what you need here we get in touch with you. I have experience in the Campaign To Stalingrad, we designed a new version for Cyberboard Spanish version, here the link http://www.limeyyankgames.co .uk / cyberboard
01-25-2018, 05:13 PM,
To repeat an earlier question: should or shouldn't 28th Tank Corps be Fixed until the 25th?

Another question: for the optional rules, do you mean Alternative Assault Resolution (assaults against hard targets use hard attack value) or Optional Assault Results (assault results brought closer to the average result)?