• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Wishlist for the next Gold update
01-19-2018, 05:01 PM,
RE: Wishlist for the next Gold update
Ah-ha! It works. Not closing the editor did the trick.

This will definitely help and save time when creating divisions!!!!!!!

Thanks
Quote this message in a reply
01-23-2018, 07:32 AM,
(01-16-2018, 01:01 AM)Lowlander Wrote: I agree with most of your statement, however remember not so long ago if you owned a HPSSIMS game you could not get the latest JT patch, furthermore I believe I was about the only one who moaned about this.

Anyway I received a email request for feedback on ACW games so why not PZC.

And I use the Jison mod for M'42 which Strela made available in all my Gold edition games.

There's never been a time where you couldn't get a JTS update for an HPS game. It's just been a matter of validating ownership and migrating to the JTS version - and then any opponents doing the same. The only issue was people not wanting to move to the JTS format...

And Jison didn't do the work for these games, these are all new graphics. Similar, yes, but not done by him.
01-23-2018, 08:45 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-23-2018, 08:50 AM by Lowlander.)
https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...#pid397707

This is the link to the M'42 Jison like mod provided by Strela it should work on all the Gold Edition Games.

Now I have not tested this full mod on any Gold edition games however I use some of it including 2DFeatures, 2DMud, 2DNormal, 2DSnow and 2DSoft tiles plus various other files which produce graphics similar to Jisons.
01-23-2018, 09:08 AM,
(01-23-2018, 07:32 AM)rahamy Wrote:
(01-16-2018, 01:01 AM)Lowlander Wrote: I agree with most of your statement, however remember not so long ago if you owned a HPSSIMS game you could not get the latest JT patch, furthermore I believe I was about the only one who moaned about this.

Anyway I received a email request for feedback on ACW games so why not PZC.

And I use the Jison mod for M'42 which Strela made available in all my Gold edition games.

There's never been a time where you couldn't get a JTS update for an HPS game. It's just been a matter of validating ownership and migrating to the JTS version - and then any opponents doing the same. The only issue was people not wanting to move to the JTS format...

And Jison didn't do the work for these games, these are all new graphics. Similar, yes, but not done by him.

Sorry, don't want to fall out over this but there was a period of time when the upgraded John Tiller version with all the bells and whistles was not available to HPSSIMS owners.
I did ask and got the patch for F'14, again thanks for this.
I have converted all my ACW, Nappy and now Gold Edition PZC games over to Mr John Tiller versions, I am so happy with this that I bought Ozark and Wagram in the sale.
01-23-2018, 11:23 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-23-2018, 11:41 PM by Kool Kat.)
(01-23-2018, 09:08 AM)Lowlander Wrote: Sorry, don't want to fall out over this but there was a period of time when the upgraded John Tiller version with all the bells and whistles was not available to HPSSIMS owners.

What specific time period was the JTS PzC Gold version not available to HPS owners?  Idea2

All of my HPS PzC game titles (that have released Gold versions), I have contacted HPS Support (Thanks Rich!) and in less then 24 hours I am provided a download URL link for the Gold version.

The HPS Gold game key information and JTS Support link are listed in each PzC Gold version release information Web page.

FREE upgrades, support, and conversions... I don't understand your issue?
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
01-24-2018, 12:38 AM,
I think the point Lowlander is making is that there was a policy in place to upgrade people from the HPS versions to JTS versions only as new patches became available. See this thread;
https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=69837

That said, I think all of the HPS versions are now across on the JTS platform and can be upgraded with an email to Support.

Panzer Campaigns had been one of the conspicuous series that had not been migrated as we were waiting for the Gold updates to move everyone across to a single code base.

One positive that I do want to mention is that a number of original designers as well as new contributors have come forward to assist with the West and Med Panzer Campaigns upgrades and there maybe the basis for a new dedicated PzC team rather than the current shared resources with the PzB titles.

David
01-24-2018, 05:13 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-24-2018, 05:33 AM by Grengel.)
Return support for WIndows XP, please. Thanks.
01-24-2018, 05:56 AM,
(01-24-2018, 05:13 AM)Adolf Wrote: Return support for WIndows XP, please. Thanks.

I feel your pain as I hate being forced to ditch technology that still functions because it is no longer supported ( I loved XP and like all older people I hate change/learning something new), however it is one of those unfortunate facts of life that this happens on all types of devices, it is not always done as a marketing ploy to force you buy a new device there are times when it becomes just uneconomic or impossible to continue to support old devices.
01-24-2018, 06:16 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-24-2018, 06:19 AM by Ocito80.)
Quote:One positive that I do want to mention is that a number of original designers as well as new contributors have come forward to assist with the West and Med Panzer Campaigns upgrades and there maybe the basis for a new dedicated PzC team rather than the current shared resources with the PzB titles.

David

I'm not fully sure what this means, but if it could potentially allow for a few extra beach hexes along the coast of the France'40 map to support my Calais'44 "what-If" invasion of Pas-de-Calais region scenario, then this sounds great!  Propeller Hat
01-24-2018, 08:30 AM,
(01-24-2018, 05:13 AM)Adolf Wrote: Return support for WIndows XP, please. Thanks.

Microsoft themselves don't support it.

The major issues that is forcing us to remove XP is that the evolution of the DirectX engine and more importantly the impact on graphics etc.

We will have to start to forgo some of the newer features of Window's to maintain XP compatability and that isn't going to happen.

David