• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Wishlist for the next Gold update
01-15-2018, 06:47 PM,
RE: Wishlist for the next Gold update
I think we should give the Panzer campaigns a more realistic aviation game, where they have their game rules just like the land units.
Quote this message in a reply
01-15-2018, 09:14 PM,
I agree with the idea of a more visible cursor. Also a clic sound for the cursor would make the game more intuitive (similar to TOAW).
01-16-2018, 12:19 AM,
Gents:  Smoke7

Instead of wishing for items that will not come... I am thankful for the ongoing releases of the PzC Gold version games!  Wink Big Grin

I love the improved graphics, sounds (close assault audio is fantastic!), and the addition / consolidation of new content in each game release.

It's so much more "user friendly" to download a complete game without having to add missing audio files and hunt around for various graphic mods.

Also, offering FREE Gold version upgrades to existing game owners is virtually unheard of in today's "for profit only" business markets!  Yikes  

Respect4 Hat Hooray Many thanks to David, WDS, and JTS Teams for their development efforts... and looking forward to playing more Gold version games in the future!  

Signed... a VERY HAPPY Blitz player!  Wink
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
01-16-2018, 01:01 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-16-2018, 01:28 AM by Lowlander.)
(01-16-2018, 12:19 AM)Kool Kat Wrote: Gents:  Smoke7

Instead of wishing for items that will not come... I am thankful for the ongoing releases of the PzC Gold version games!  Wink Big Grin

I love the improved graphics, sounds (close assault audio is fantastic!), and the addition / consolidation of new content in each game release.

It's so much more "user friendly" to download a complete game without having to add missing audio files and hunt around for various graphic mods.

Also, offering FREE Gold version upgrades to existing game owners is virtually unheard of in today's "for profit only" business markets!  Yikes  

Respect4 Hat Hooray Many thanks to David, WDS, and JTS Teams for their development efforts... and looking forward to playing more Gold version games in the future!  

Signed... a VERY HAPPY Blitz player!  Wink

I agree with most of your statement, however remember not so long ago if you owned a HPSSIMS game you could not get the latest JT patch, furthermore I believe I was about the only one who moaned about this.

Anyway I received a email request for feedback on ACW games so why not PZC.

And I use the Jison mod for M'42 which Strela made available in all my Gold edition games.
01-17-2018, 07:29 AM,
(01-15-2018, 07:27 AM)Ocito80 Wrote: I know people grumble about AI-movement, including myself, in that the current algorithm can take units off the roads and into the fields. Is it possible to implement a transport only on road function? If units in RR mode can only move along rail tracks, could something similar be applied to road movement?

I know for me, improving this feature in game would make games like France'40 far more enjoyable.

I think any ideas like this which allows players to play the longer 'monster' campaigns like this should be looked at. 

Something that occurred to me when I was looking at the pictures of all the Gold releases was how the map pictures were snapped with a few menus open. eg here is Minsk with the Mini Map and the last Command Menu both open.

[Image: 2018-01-16_21h12_50.png]

Now I don't normally have more than one open but i like the idea of maybe having more than one menu open all the time and tucked to one side of the screen but still having access to game functions? 

Also change some of the menu's so that they are de selectable rather than use once.

eg Mini Map (Jump Map?) selectable and stays visible on screen after selection so you can use it to jump about. You would of course have to manually deselect it.

eg Find Unit also stays visible and doesn't autonatically disappear.

Any other Menus which could be improved?
01-17-2018, 11:20 AM,
From a modding perspective, one of the most tedious tasks I've found is creating the OOB. I would love the oob program to be interchangeable with others.

In that I mean, allow for the copy and paste function to work from one opened oob file to a 2nd.

Or, if there are any programmers about, perhaps there is a way to create a program that would allow for it....like the functionality of Note++ as an example, but in this case would just read multiple oob files.

There are so many oobs out there now, and the ability to piece together new oobs from those already created would be nice.

Just a thought, no prayers here.
01-18-2018, 02:50 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-18-2018, 02:51 AM by Lowlander.)
The random sound loop bug, always at start of game, this applies to ACW and Nappy titles as well.
Fixed by a restart.
Seem to remember this in the Talonsoft games.
01-18-2018, 05:12 PM,
(01-17-2018, 11:20 AM)Ocito80 Wrote: From a modding perspective, one of the most tedious tasks I've found is creating the OOB. I would love the oob program to be interchangeable with others.

In that I mean, allow for the copy and paste function to work from one opened oob file to a 2nd.

Or, if there are any programmers about, perhaps there is a way to create a program that would allow for it....like the functionality of Note++ as an example, but in this case would just read multiple oob files.

There are so many oobs out there now, and the ability to piece together new oobs from those already created would be nice.

Just a thought, no prayers here.

You can copy and paste.

Ensure the OOB's are in the same directory.

Open the OOB you want to copy.

Pick the level of OOB you want to copy. Right click and select copy.

Close the OOB editor.

Open the new OOB in the editor.

Pick where you want to paste the copied OOB.

Right click and select paste.

Voila - new OOB...

Use Save All to save the OOB and to update all the unit.dat files with the unit components.

David
01-19-2018, 02:49 PM,
@Strela,

That technique doesn't work for me, not through the editor anyway. It never remembers the copy/paste when I open the editor for the 2nd time. I did notice I could do it using notepad++ but that is tedious and time consuming.

Regardless, I appreciate the help.
01-19-2018, 04:22 PM,
(01-19-2018, 02:49 PM)Ocito80 Wrote: @Strela,

That technique doesn't work for me, not through the editor anyway. It never remembers the copy/paste when I open the editor for the 2nd time. I did notice I could do it using notepad++ but that is tedious and time consuming.

Regardless, I appreciate the help.

Did you have your OOB's in the same directory as the editor?

I just tried it and it definitely works.

It's actually not necessary to close the editor down I have realised (though you can).

If you open the OOB your copying, copy the segment you want to move and then open the new OOB that you want to paste to, it should work.

David