• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Smolensk '41 Gold
12-22-2017, 09:03 AM,
RE: Smolensk '41 Gold
(12-22-2017, 05:30 AM)Adolf Wrote: Does not work. A message appears when you run is not a valid win32 application.

I’m not certain what you’re saying. If running the patch, double check it is going to the directory you installed the original game to.

If the full installer, then I have never seen that issue.

David
Quote this message in a reply
12-23-2017, 12:43 PM,
Map Errors Corrected

Hi all,

As pointed out by Bioman and others the move to the Minsk map caused some significant issues with placements in scenarios. The defensive positions on the Dnepr in particular was an issue as the river had moved a hex or two. In addition, some crossing points had changed as had some reinforcement points.

We have gone back and adjusted the map to correct these issues and also validated ever scenario against the new map. We believe we're in a better place now - with nothing glaring out of place

We have updated the 2.01 patch up on the JTS site as well as the full installer. Anyone patching now or grabbing the installer will have the latest version.

For all of you who have already done the gold upgrade you can either download the patch and apply it again or download the full installer if you were given that link and do a full uninstall/re-install.

The patch will work over either though. One word of caution, the patch defaults to the Smolensk '41 directory. If you installed to Smolensk '41 Gold directory please unzip the patch into that directory.

Please let me know how you go, but that should sort the map issues out.

David
12-23-2017, 09:56 PM,
(12-23-2017, 12:43 PM)Strela Wrote: Map Errors Corrected

Hi all,

As pointed out by Bioman and others the move to the Minsk map caused some significant issues with placements in scenarios. The defensive positions on the Dnepr in particular was an issue as the river had moved a hex or two. In addition, some crossing points had changed as had some reinforcement points.

We have gone back and adjusted the map to correct these issues and also validated ever scenario against the new map. We believe we're in a better place now - with nothing glaring out of place

We have updated the 2.01 patch up on the JTS site as well as the full installer. Anyone patching now or grabbing the installer will have the latest version.

For all of you who have already done the gold upgrade you can either download the patch and apply it again or download the full installer if you were given that link and do a full uninstall/re-install.

The patch will work over either though. One word of caution, the patch defaults to the Smolensk '41 directory. If you installed to Smolensk '41 Gold directory please unzip the patch into that directory.

Please let me know how you go, but that should sort the map issues out.

David

Hi David,

I would just like to say thanks for your great work on these games it is most appreciated

I got the free download as I had the HPS Disc as my original Smolensk 41 game.
I have now downloaded and installed the 2.01 update.
I unzipped it directly into my new Smolensk 41 Gold game folder and the map,as well as everything else seems fine and to be working properly.

Great work, thanks, Thumbs Up

Regards,

Gordon
12-24-2017, 01:16 PM,
Thanks Gordon,

It’s unfortunate we had these map issues but they’re fixed now.

We have tried where possible to add something new in each Gold edition. It maybe a map update, additional campaigns or new scenarios. There has been quite a production line here in the background.

The other positive is that people are starting to look at these superlative games again. Giving them exposure to another generation of gamers is positive and just as important to bring us old Grognards back.

Glad all worked on your recent install and I wish everyone here a merry Xmas and new year...

David
01-11-2018, 06:22 PM,
(12-22-2017, 09:03 AM)Strela Wrote:
(12-22-2017, 05:30 AM)Adolf Wrote: Does not work. A message appears when you run is not a valid win32 application.

I’m not certain what you’re saying. If running the patch, double check it is going to the directory you installed the original game to.

If the full installer, then I have never seen that issue.

David

Think the reason in Windows XP. On the office computer with Windows 7 everything works.
01-12-2018, 06:56 AM,
It is important to be sure that patch's do go to the intended location on your PC, don't just assume they will unzip to the correct place, often it is good practise to select the "browse" option and choose the destination folder yourself to be 100% sure that the files end up where you intended them to.  Wink