• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Smolensk '41 Gold
12-11-2017, 03:30 AM,
Smolensk '41 Gold
Am I the first one to see that the Wargame Design Studio has released Smolensk "41 Gold today?  Here is the link to the article.

http://www.wargamedesignstudio.com/2017/...-released/
Quote this message in a reply
12-11-2017, 04:33 AM,
RE: Smolensk '41 Gold
(12-11-2017, 03:30 AM)KG_RangerBooBoo Wrote: Am I the first one to see that the Wargame Design Studio has released Smolensk "41 Gold today?  Here is the link to the article.

Sorry but that NEW Map seems like a step back.  Campaign Series which was made almost 20 years ago has a much more detailed and sharper Map(and yes I know it is a different scale), so maybe bring back the 20th Century.  Wink
12-11-2017, 01:31 PM,
All I can say is WOW!

I think the new stock graphics and map look great!

I guarantee that this new Gold Series will easily cause many gamers to start replaying this series again.

Very nice Strela.

Tell the boys they did a super nice job!   Thumbs Up
12-11-2017, 10:01 PM,
I'm trying the new game Smolensk 41
Congratulations, a considerable work of modernization! Bravo
I hope that Graphical units icons in the future it will be improved...
Even the map I hope will make less and less regret Jison...
All this does not affect the excellent work
Soon I will look for an Russian opponent for the new superb Drive to Smolensk
See you soon folks!
12-11-2017, 11:09 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-11-2017, 11:12 PM by Lowlander.)
(12-11-2017, 04:33 AM)Deturk Wrote:
(12-11-2017, 03:30 AM)KG_RangerBooBoo Wrote: Am I the first one to see that the Wargame Design Studio has released Smolensk "41 Gold today?  Here is the link to the article.

Sorry but that NEW Map seems like a step back.  Campaign Series which was made almost 20 years ago has a much more detailed and sharper Map(and yes I know it is a different scale), so maybe bring back the 20th Century.  Wink

Wasted sometime typing out my points of view only for it to be zapped when I clicked " post reply " no doubt a omen.

Ok, I use2D and 3D in these games with the pretty little toy figurines.
As with M'42 and K'43  I will use the " Jison " files which Strela kindly made available, also I will mix and match files, these are all Map folder files.

I converted over all my ACW games using the same principle and am very pleased with the JTS upgrades.
Just about to apply to convert my HPSSIMS nappy games to JTS and have used same process, very happy.

I would like to thank John Tiller and all his team for allowing HPSSIMS game owners a free upgade to JTS latest patches, and again thanks for all the time and effort spent on these updates.

Any chance of another New Year game sale as I'm two titles short of a full house in these three gaming periods.
12-11-2017, 11:44 PM,
This Just In  RE: Smolensk '41 Gold
Just used the laptops camera for the first time to take a picture of my HPS smolensk hope I can get a serial soon can't wait to look at Strellas work.
12-12-2017, 01:47 AM,
Fabbio, look me up when you want to play that game! I am not very good at the East Front titles but I have never played a Smolensk campaign and it is on my list to play!
12-12-2017, 08:06 AM,
Excellent job done by David and his team, Smolensk used to be the most fragmented PzC title out there with scenarios located in several different places, but we now have included in the Gold package......

1) The original stock scenarios
2) The XP1 and XP2 add-on packs
3) Volcano Man _Alt scenarios (these will also be added to every title updated to Gold standard)
4) A single bonus H2H scenario that has been through the Blitz playtesting system.

So finally everything under one roof !  Smile

Add to that the new 2D/3D graphics, new unit graphics, new unit cards, improved sounds, new master map, new toolbar icons, updated disruption rule and new reinforcement placement feature.

And the cherry on the cake is that all this is free to existing HPS/ JTS customers who already own Smolensk 41!  Respect4

Anyone who has the JTS Smolensk 41 2.00 should now get the 2.01 Gold update from here http://jtsmirror.com/Updates.html (scroll down to the Panzer Campaigns section).

Anyone who has the HPS version of Smolensk 41 and would like to upgrade to the Gold standard should email JTS support @ [email= [email protected]] [email protected][/email]
12-12-2017, 02:00 PM,
Dumb question...I’m currently playing a couple of Smolensk campaigns and got my new upgrade for the gold for my HPS version from JTS support.

But I’m guessing I can’t use it because of my existing battles with my fellow blitz players? One of them is the campaign in turn 110...don’t want to lose that one! Thoughts?
12-12-2017, 04:15 PM,
(12-12-2017, 02:00 PM)larsonney Wrote: Dumb question...I’m currently playing a couple of Smolensk campaigns and got my new upgrade for the gold for my HPS  version from JTS support.

But I’m guessing I can’t use it because of my existing battles with my fellow blitz players? One of them is the campaign in turn 110...don’t want to lose that one! Thoughts?

Hi there,

The full version (which you have) will install by default into a different directory - Smolensk '41 Gold.

You can run your HPS versions and the new JTS Gold version separately.

It's too long since I looked at the HPS version and your save file may work, but I'd be cautious playing against players who have not patched. Rules such as the impact of disruption on movement rates will cause an issue.

So, do the separate install and experiment.

Just a further explanatory note for all. The patching logic for this all has been pretty convoluted due to the multiple versions available.

Essentially, the new installer - that new players or HPS upgraders gets is the full version of the game and it installs in its own Smolensk '41 Gold directory. For people upgrading from an existing JTS 2.00 installation, they have to run the patch which updates the original location of Smolensk '41 - note there is no Gold here. This is all not ideal, but we wanted to keep the patch vs full version separate and not confuse players who are use to patching.

hope that explains and helps,

David