• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Range of fire for on map artillery division
11-26-2017, 12:54 PM,
RE: Range of fire for on map artillery division
I think I read it on the Matrix if I remember correctly, guys saying to use them to destroy forts. I think I may scrap them.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
Quote this message in a reply
11-26-2017, 01:41 PM,
(11-26-2017, 12:54 PM)Weasel Wrote: I think I read it on the Matrix if I remember correctly, guys saying to use them to destroy forts.  I think I may scrap them.

This was one of the post, brief but to the point. Although artillery can reduce forts, there main purpose is to cause disruptions. 

Do a search in the what's new pdf for "engineer value" and that will give you the numbers (idea?) of how it works. There are 10 entries.

V1.08.05 Beta October 12, 2015

36. Reworked the way in which engineer value is calculated during battles, to reduce issues occurring because of integer math on small numbers. Infantry as well as flamethrower elements will also contribute to engineer value. Typical rifle squad is worth 1/10 of an engineer squad, but commando and flamethrower squads are as effective as engineers. Reduced the impact of fatigue and ammo shortages on engineer value. Made sure artillery chance to damage fortifications, based on ammo use, is calculated properly. Heavier artillery will have more chances to damage fortifications

-Gris
'Millions died or suffered in the mud of Flanders between 1914-18. Who remembers them? Even those with names on their graves are by now unknown soldiers.' - Mier Ronnen, Jerusalem Post, 1933 Gris
11-27-2017, 07:58 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-27-2017, 08:01 AM by Weasel.)
Wouldn't it be nice if they rewrote the manual:

Heavy Artillery: has a X% chance of reducing fortifications
Motorcycle regiment: provides X% to detection level of enemy forces and reduces enemy detection level of your forces by X%.

I also have to search to try and find out which units can be attached to Soviet corps, right now it seems engineers, tanks, FT units and mg-arty battalion but not mortar or rocket units; but I have to check more.

I didn't see that post but it is great information; maybe I will try MORE arty divisions then.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
11-27-2017, 08:04 AM,
(11-27-2017, 07:58 AM)Weasel Wrote: Wouldn't it be nice if they rewrote the manual:

Heavy Artillery:  has a X% chance of reducing fortifications
Motorcycle regiment:  provides X% to detection level of enemy forces and reduces enemy detection level of your forces by X%.

I also have to search to try and find out which units can be attached to Soviet corps, right now it seems engineers, tanks, FT units and mg-arty battalion but not mortar or rocket units; but I have to check more.

I didn't see that post but it is great information; maybe I will try MORE arty divisions then.

A rewrite of the manual would be epic!
'Millions died or suffered in the mud of Flanders between 1914-18. Who remembers them? Even those with names on their graves are by now unknown soldiers.' - Mier Ronnen, Jerusalem Post, 1933 Gris