• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New Big Tank Battle - France 1940
12-03-2017, 11:58 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-04-2017, 12:06 AM by Deturk.)
RE: New Big Tank Battle - France 1940
(12-03-2017, 10:18 PM)Dan Caviness Wrote: Two things:

One...have not heard from Deturk yet.
Sent him an email.

Two...I just realized the devil emoticon smiley makes a throat cutting movement...that gets you 15 yards in the NFL...
So I call a personal foul on myself...

I sent you and Jesse an email yesterday and just now.  I haven't received anything from you thou. After I sent it got a; "Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender" message so.
Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2017, 11:08 AM,
Team email sent to all six players.
We'll move this to a private forum from here out...much better smack talk that way...;O)
12-25-2017, 08:50 PM,
What a wonderfull scenario perfect
02-11-2018, 04:20 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-11-2018, 06:13 AM by zap.)
I just began this as the allies. I noticed that finished games with major victory results have different values. The two german MV are scored 90/15. The one Allies MV is scored 120/20. Is this how it was meant to be scored?

Also, the comments are so different in regards to play. That it begs more discussion on if this scenario is ready for play. Any comments?
02-11-2018, 06:40 AM,
(02-11-2018, 04:20 AM)zap Wrote: I just began this as the allies. I noticed that finished games with major victory results have different values. The two german MV are scored 90/15. The one Allies MV is scored 120/20. Is this how it was meant to be scored?

Also, the comments are so different in regards to play. That it begs more discussion on if this scenario is ready for play. Any comments?

Zap if you are playing as the Allies I strongly suggest to see if your opponent is willing to count your game as a test and not a ladder game.

My comments posted in the scoring are the major items I think hold the scenario back. 

It is a wonderful effort and I'm very interested in 1940 scenarios but feel adjustments are needed to allow for a more enjoyable experience.
02-11-2018, 08:11 AM,
looks very Interesting!
02-11-2018, 08:47 AM,
In the first few turns I took losses of my loaded transports coming on map. LOS allowed my opponent to plot air strikes that set me back and I don't think I can recover. Particularly since it was pointed out the VP situation does not allow for more than a minor victory even if the allies lost no units at all.
02-11-2018, 10:57 AM,
(02-11-2018, 08:47 AM)zap Wrote: In the first few turns I took losses of my loaded transports coming on map. LOS allowed my opponent to plot air strikes that set me back and I don't think I can recover. Particularly since it was pointed out the VP situation does not allow for more than a minor victory even if the allies lost no units at all.

That would be due to German scout units.  I like those units and first time I played in a scenario with scouts.

I believe the scenario designer tried to capture the essence of the Battle of Arras (Allies counterattack and press the Germans, Rommel saves the day by utilizing 88's to stop the advance, Germans push back) but by the time the Allies get started in this one, they have taken heavy losses and the Germans are coming in like a wave. 

Again, there is lots of potential but would ask your opponent to consider this as a test and report it as such.  Definitely, not ready to be reported as a ladder game.