• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New Big Tank Battle - France 1940
11-04-2017, 07:48 AM,
New Big Tank Battle - France 1940
Ok, gentleman, here's my latest, a division level battle in France 1940 (WF). Three allied tank divisions v.s. two German panzer. Researched and tested. Here is the description

Marle, 100km W of Sedan, France: (Best against humans)
 Following the swift German drive through the Ardenne, in which the battle-tested panzers swept aside light forces and frontier units, the Meuse was crossed at Sedan on 14 May, far too quickly for the Allies to react. Wasting no time, Guderian sent the XIX Panzer Korps, comprising the 1st and 2nd Panzer divisions, striking down the Somme valley and reaching Abbeville on May 20th. During this time, feeble efforts were made by the French against the southern flank as the Germans drove west. In the first, on May 15th, the 3rd Armored Division attacked at Stonne, delivering a sharp check to the 10th Panzer Division and the Großdeutschland regiment. On May 17th, De Gaulle with his 4e Division cuirassée (4th Armored Division) attacked at Montcornet, temporarily halting the 1st Panzer Division in its tracks. Neither operation ultimately succeeded due to lack of support, the French having little in the way of reserves in these sectors.
 In this hypothetical battle, we presume that the Allies learned well from observing the Wehrmacht in Poland. Although the French and the BEF have moved substantial forces, as planned, into Belgium following the German attack, they have left sizeable armored forces in reserve and relatively concentrated. As the 1st Panzer Division and 2nd Panzer Division form up abreast, and begin their advance towards St. Quentin and the Somme valley, the French launch a concerted attack with the 3rd and 4th Armored Divisions moving up from the south (Laon). Coming in from the northwest is the British 1st Armored Division, reinforced with a motorized infantry brigade. Faced with this sudden powerful attack from two directions, the Germans scrap together elements of 7th Panzer Division (Rommel), a Flak regiment, and the battered Großdeutschland regiment to come to the rescue! 

I have attached all of the files zipped up. You should be able to download in the scenario section.

Enjoy!

Tankertony>>>

Attached Files
.zip   Marle.zip (Size: 131.28 KB / Downloads: 56)
Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2017, 11:22 PM,
RE: New Big Tank Battle - France 1940
Awesome, thanks very much!!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
11-05-2017, 12:11 PM,
Thanks!  Looks really good!
11-08-2017, 04:30 AM,
Excellent thanks
11-08-2017, 07:29 AM,
Thank you TankerTony, looking real nice!! Smile

ItB Cigar5
11-19-2017, 05:32 AM,
Does anyone want to try this one?
11-20-2017, 02:50 AM,
(11-19-2017, 05:32 AM)kernel t Wrote: Does anyone want to try this one?

I would be up for a Team-game.
11-20-2017, 03:13 AM,
OK now we just need two or four more players.
11-26-2017, 04:28 AM,
(11-20-2017, 03:13 AM)kernel t Wrote: OK now we just need two or four more players.

Count me in.  Prefer Allied side.
11-26-2017, 05:51 AM,
Looks like a blast, please count me in too. I'd prefer Allied as well, but can play the baddies too.
Visit us at CSLegion.com