• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

1201_01a Close Call at Kubinka HTH
10-26-2017, 08:07 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-27-2017, 06:17 AM by Plain Ian.)
RE: 1201_01a Close Call at Kubinka HTH
German Turn 17

[Image: GT%2017%20a.png]

Eldars turn came bouncing back pretty quick. I guess he was pretty happy with the results. <G> 3 crunching assaults, one of which took the 100 VP hex north of Sememychi. The Germans shot even better than last turn???? Russian losses were pretty heavy and his VP tally now stands at 284. He needs 267 116 more for a Draw. 

I'll update this post with comments tomorrow night and post the action at Naro as well.

Added 26/10/2017

7th German Division continues its side show. The 1/113th is facing 4 German Bn’s and loses 38 men. It disrupts this turn but somehow rallies. The unit will Break next turn as will the 1/322nd which has fatigue 292. The whole group must withdraw.

The only reserve the 32nd Rifle has is the 3/322nd which has recovered to fatigue 95, but it is still disrupted.

The 2/113th is down to 167 men and is also at Maximum fatigue. They too will have to pull back and leave the defense to the tanks of 22nd Bde. The 1/22nd Bn was again out shot by 19th Panzer and lost 1 tank. 

The big news was that the 100 VP hex was taken by a 4 Battalion assault from the 292nd Division. The 467th Sappers bore most of the losses but the 1/25th lost 2 more tanks in the fruitless defense. 
The 25th Motor Rifle Bn will not be trying to assault the town and take it back. Yes it should have moved into the town last turn but never mind. The 1/33rd Tank Bn would not be able to help it any way as he has moved up another infantry Bn to block this. The 1/33rd will probably go to relieve the battered 22nd Motor Rifle Bn.

Assault in PzC is interesting. To win a hex you have to disrupt the defender and not be disrupted in the attack. So last turn he lost 2 assaults when assaulting with individual units as they disrupted. However if you assault with more than one unit AND some of your attacking units do not disrupt then ALL of the attacking units get to advance? Even the disrupted one advances?
You would think game engine would prevent the disrupted units advancing. 
However I can understand the game logic as the unit disrupting probably takes the most casualties and is the lead attacking unit which helps carries the rest of the attackers into the hex?

Anyway on to the 258th German Division front. There were two assaults. The 4th Sappers were finally thrown back, and the 774th group were also assaulted with the 2/774th suffering pretty badly in the assault. (now Max Fatigued)

The 1/774th which was in reserve lost 32 men and the 222nd HQ lost 12 men in subsequent attacks. These two units will form the last stand for this VP hex, which is worth 75 points. The 33rd Motorised Bn was ready to move down to help but it has gone LOW FUEL so will be delayed!!

The 689th AT Rgt was vaporised when one of advancing units spotted it and fired. So yes you can move in a woods hex and fire during Storms. Comrade Stalin will not be pleased that I am not looking after his guns.

I'll put Naro sub map on a separate thread.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
1201_01a Close Call at Kubinka HTH - by Plain Ian - 08-23-2017, 06:47 AM
RE: 1201_01a Close Call at Kubinka HTH - by Plain Ian - 10-26-2017, 08:07 AM
RE: 1201_01a Close Call at Kubinka HTH - by Aces8 - 12-29-2017, 08:05 AM