• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

1201_01a Close Call at Kubinka HTH
10-03-2017, 06:59 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-03-2017, 07:20 AM by Plain Ian.)
RE: 1201_01a Close Call at Kubinka HTH
Solo play through 1201_01a - testing Plan Carpe Diem

[Image: GT%201%20a.png]

Weather is Frozen and visibility is 1 hex.

German artillery fire was reasonable and Russian defensive fire was lower than expected. The Germans also appeared to shoot quite well.

The 3rd Motorised moved up but launched no assaults. Since the 258th Division was not in contact with the enemy I sued all of the 258th artillery plus the 3rd plus some Corps. The 29th Motorised Rgt did receive moderate casualties as expected. 

I used the armoured car unit (Aufkl Bn) to pin the Russian Bn in the Industrial hex. ( I will lose quite a few a/c's as he has an A/T unit here)
Edit: this statement is wrong. The Aufklarungs unit will prevent the unit moving ZOC to ZOC BUT the Russian Bn could still move NE to clear hex first then back NW to join the other Guards unit which is under threat. However luckily the artillery barrage Rubbled the defending hex so in fact the unit to the south does not have enough MP's to do this because of the extra MP cost of moving into a Rubble hex........whew.

19th Pz has moved up by road and will deploy next turn.

258th Dision also on the move. 

292nd Division moves up against Myakshovo. I/508 and II/508 in contact but do not have enough MP's to asssault this turn. The only unit that can assault is the 100 man Aufkl Co? I did consider using this to assault as I had inflicted considerable losses on the defender (-42) but held off. (In a previous play through I had assaulted and lost -44/-4 when it turned out the Russian unit had NOT disrupted....so lets not be too hasty this time)
I did move up the 292nd A/T unit and unlimber it next to Myakshovo as a soak off unit. 

[Image: GT%201%20b.png]

7th Division moves up, no action. It did not get very far and I will probably only get one Bn in action next turn? I might delay their attack another turn to consolidate things. Mmmh maybe going right is better? But then again if he thinks I'm going right then he will expect a delay of a turn or two?

Okt hats the German move lets look "over the hill" at the Russian situation. I'll switch to 2D.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
1201_01a Close Call at Kubinka HTH - by Plain Ian - 08-23-2017, 06:47 AM
RE: 1201_01a Close Call at Kubinka HTH - by Plain Ian - 10-03-2017, 06:59 AM
RE: 1201_01a Close Call at Kubinka HTH - by Aces8 - 12-29-2017, 08:05 AM