• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

1201_01a Close Call at Kubinka HTH
09-27-2017, 07:16 AM,
RE: 1201_01a Close Call at Kubinka HTH
German Turn 13

A pretty frustrating turn again for the Germans.

[Image: german%20Turn%2013a.png]

7th Division continues the firefights and disrupts the 2/17th but suffers a disruption in turn to our artillery fire.
The 1/113th came under pressure but return fire again disrupted one of the German units.
I think the German 7th is a spent force?

The German 19th Pz/292nd Div group target my armoured group. The 1/22nd loses no tanks but is disrupted and the 2/113th suffers heavy casualties but does not disrupt.
The rest of 19th Pz attempts to weaken the 22nd Mot Bn holding the woods. The unit disrupts on the first shot but has recovered at the end of the turn. The Germans will have to do it all over agin next turn.

The 4th Sappers have gained hero status in this game by turning back another assault. After losing 25 men Eldar launches an assault. I would have done the same assuming that the unit had to be disrupted. It wasn’t and it held the hex and disrupted the attacker.

The 878th AT received the brunt of his attacks and disrupted with the loss of 3 guns. It has recovered. There was an opportunity for Eldar to assault the disrupted 2/774th but he chose to fire instead. The 3/787th also received some fire but returned it in kind to the German Pioneers of the 258th. He will definitely have to assault here next turn.

[Image: German%20Turn%2013b.png]

At Naro-Fominsk no assaults just close range fire. The 2/1st Gds does well against the two German Bn’s. The 1/787th again appears to be holding out but disrupts on the second last fire from the Pioneers. 

I have the option now of leaving it to be assaulted or pulling it back. Pulling it back will leave it in clear terrain and he might be able to move up and assault? (possibly not enough MP’s? I’d have to check?)
Leaving it for him to assault seems to be the better option. He does have an Armoured Car unit which could move to block the retreat but he may think I have a unit in the hex behind anyway?

There is a fifth Motorised Bn from 3rd Division unaccounted for but I suspect its in the south.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
1201_01a Close Call at Kubinka HTH - by Plain Ian - 08-23-2017, 06:47 AM
RE: 1201_01a Close Call at Kubinka HTH - by Plain Ian - 09-27-2017, 07:16 AM
RE: 1201_01a Close Call at Kubinka HTH - by Aces8 - 12-29-2017, 08:05 AM