• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

1201_01a Close Call at Kubinka HTH
09-22-2017, 11:20 PM,
RE: 1201_01a Close Call at Kubinka HTH
German Turn 12

[Image: German%20Turn%2012%20a.png]

The Germans begin the turn with artillery barrages which target all of my front line troops. The 2/1st Gds is hit several times and surprisingly disrupts after taking a loss of 2 men on the second shot.

The German 7th Division continues its attacks in the woods south of Boldino. They launch two assaults against the 1/113th and 3/113th which are both disrupted. Eldar is unlucky in that the first assault pushes the 3/113th forward south west onto the 1/113th. 
He is then faced with assaulting two Russian Bn’s (700 men) with his depleted Infantry and Pioneer Bn. He knew I was trapped but not cut off as he could see the 1/322nd behind. He went ahead with the second assault and the 1/113th and 3/113th have been pushed back onto the 1/322nd. The Stacking Limit is 1600 men so plenty of room.

He took heavy losses in both assaults. The 1/113th has recovered from disruption

19th Panzer attacked my armoured stack supported by 292nd Division. The 2/113th took moderate losses and the 2/22nd lost 2 T-60 tanks and disrupted. (but has recovered) He lost a tank in the exchange.
The rest of 19th Pz Div has emerged and is now in contact with the 22nd Mot Rfle Bn.

The 467th Sappers weer attacked by the 292nd Diviison and took moderate casualties and disrupted. If he can disrupt the 1/25th Tank next turn he can assault.

The German 258th Division made no assaults but has engaged in a series of firefights. All of its units (10 Bn’s) are now engaged. The 4th Sappers again stood tall and refused to disrupt. They are down to 413 men (-87 men) but still Green fatigue. Morale is D due to Low Ammo.

[Image: German%20Turn%2012%20b.png]

At Naro-Fominsk the 1/787th comes under slight pressure but does not disrupt. The 2/1 Gds folded easily under artillery and would have been ripe for assault. However with delayed disruption this is hidden. Instead they came under heavy fire from the Motorised units adajacent. I’m not sure gaining the hex would benefit him anyway?

The Armoued Car unit engaged in a shoot and scoot exercise but lost 1 vehicle for its pains.        

VP and losses

[Image: German%20Turn%2010%20VP.png]

Eldars latest email suggests he knows that the 250 VP hex is unrealistic. His biggest problem he says is trying to disrupt Russian units.

In fact his problem is that disrupted units possibly recover too quickly? The 2/17th, 1/22nd Tank, 2/774th and even the 2/1st Gds disrupted when it lost only 2 men to an artillery barrage. However they all recovered plus a further 3 units which were disrupted in previous turns. The Russian player does not have any higher command units in this scenario to pass down benefits, but the morale of a lot of their units is surprisingly high. In the alt scenario nearly all Russian units (infantry/tank/motorised) start off at D and the Guards are C.

The other problem is that with delayed disruption reporting Eldar needs to take more calculated risks and assault when his gut feeling is that the enemy has disrupted. I don’t think he can wait to have it confirmed.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
1201_01a Close Call at Kubinka HTH - by Plain Ian - 08-23-2017, 06:47 AM
RE: 1201_01a Close Call at Kubinka HTH - by Plain Ian - 09-22-2017, 11:20 PM
RE: 1201_01a Close Call at Kubinka HTH - by Aces8 - 12-29-2017, 08:05 AM