• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

1201_01a Close Call at Kubinka HTH
08-27-2017, 06:28 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-27-2017, 06:29 AM by ComradeP.)
RE: 1201_01a Close Call at Kubinka HTH
Generally speaking, the Soviets cause more losses when assaulted than when they fire. When they're assaulted, there's a chance of defensive artillery fire and opportunity fire. B morale units can most certainly Disrupt, though it's not very common. Disrupted Soviet stacks can be difficult to remove with single units.

I'm not entirely sure if morale loss through fatigue gain is applied immediately during an assault. As in: if you assault a unit, and suffer casualties that cause morale to drop due to fatigue gain, if you roll for the new morale level or for the standard one.

As the Germans, you need to rotate the infantry as C morale infantry (through fatigue) is not going to have a lasting effect on a strong defensive position.

As the Soviets, you face the usual issues of inflicting relatively few losses through direct fire and always being outgunned. That's why scenarios with open terrain are a problem for them as they can be "herded" towards a certain location and their release schedules are usually not very flexible. A quality German units with the current McNamara values cause very serious losses to Soviet units using direct fire. I'm surprised losses are still fairly similar, though the different HA and SA values in this version might explain that.

Considering that the game doesn't use the current McNamara values, I wonder if the Frozen penalty is active or if it was not added in an update. Is it in the parameter data dialog?

In this scenario, he can keep closing in on your retreating units, but it's unlikely he'll actually destroy them as ZOC locking units in forests with 1 hex movement (also due to the Frozen penalty on movement) is only possible if you let him.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
1201_01a Close Call at Kubinka HTH - by Plain Ian - 08-23-2017, 06:47 AM
RE: 1201_01a Close Call at Kubinka HTH - by ComradeP - 08-27-2017, 06:28 AM
RE: 1201_01a Close Call at Kubinka HTH - by Aces8 - 12-29-2017, 08:05 AM