• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

1201_01a Close Call at Kubinka HTH
08-27-2017, 04:07 AM,
RE: 1201_01a Close Call at Kubinka HTH
(08-26-2017, 09:33 PM)ComradeP Wrote: Though Soviet units Disrupt quickly, they can still cause considerable losses when assaulted. In many cases they're at 580-590 men or so if they Disrupt in the turn they're first engaged in. Using artillery to reduce their morale, and thus lower friendly losses when assaulting, isn't necessarily a waste.

As Disruptions after limited contact are not difficult to recover from, it helps to keep the pressure on Disrupted units (in the breakthrough area) to slow their recovery through worsening their morale state, or through inflicting fatigue so it becomes less reliable over time.

With the Frozen penalties in place, German movement, assault and fire values are not so great in this scenario compared to the normal situation.

Edit: these earlier PzC titles might not all have standardized McNamara offensive/defensive values. The HA and SA values in the Moscow '42 Naro Fominsk scenario, which is centered roughly on the area covered by the battle you're playing now, are very different.

I haven't really looked at Infantry units so far. Russian units are at 480 men (100%) and the German Infantry Divisions start at 400 men which is 80% Therefore after a few losses they drop below the magic 70% figure. Russian Guards and german Panzer/Motorised infantry are a lot higher.

Assaults have been pretty bloody for the German in the game so far. I will have to read up Morale effects in assault again. 

Looking at Eldars play maybe he is following your strategy? He is not just trying to punch a hole and run through he is trying to weaken the whole Russian from line strength?

However for bang for the buck its better to target units in Clear. Against a Dirupted unit I know I will win and if there is a chance of pushing him back on Clear terrain or my advance might reveal these type of targets then I think its best to hold fire.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
1201_01a Close Call at Kubinka HTH - by Plain Ian - 08-23-2017, 06:47 AM
RE: 1201_01a Close Call at Kubinka HTH - by Plain Ian - 08-27-2017, 04:07 AM
RE: 1201_01a Close Call at Kubinka HTH - by Aces8 - 12-29-2017, 08:05 AM