• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Managing the larger scenarios
08-22-2017, 03:43 PM,
RE: Managing the larger scenarios
I never play a scenario "blind". You have limited recon/intel options during the game, and having some idea of what you're facing is in my opinion historical. In game terms, the main benefit you'll get is knowing what's near the initial frontline, which the commanders would normally know from pre-battle recon in any case.

Aside from situations where Fixed units can lead to gamey situations, I have thus far not encountered a real problem with that, nor did I feel I had a clear advantage. The other player was often not playing blind either to begin with, and after a few turns of movement the location of defending forces become unclear.

One of the benefits of larger scenarios is that there are few "gotcha!" areas where you can make a single excellent move that cripples the defender's ability to hold it, which can be an issue in smaller scenarios with little to no reserves.

Like BigDuke66, I prefer to have some idea of using infrastructure in a sensible manner and having a detailed knowledge of the terrain prior to beginning. One of the interesting things about a large scenario is that you get to understand what it means if a division is not where you want it to be when things go wrong.
Quote this message in a reply
08-23-2017, 10:31 AM,
RE: Managing the larger scenarios
I start 3 at once, when I get tired of one, I take a break, then move on to the other, then back around again.
Quote this message in a reply