• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

WITE Campaign Game, ver 1.09
06-17-2017, 09:25 AM,
RE: WITE Campaign Game, ver 1.09
Ha, never knew that either, great stuff. I always thought the first number was the attack value, and the second was the defense? So in your first picture the Axis attack is 22, and defense is 16. Isn't that correct? I read 7.1 and 15.6.2 again and it does not mention which number is which (man I hate that manual, I think the best update they can do to the game is rewrite the manual), so I am not sure.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
Quote this message in a reply
06-17-2017, 10:25 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-17-2017, 10:29 AM by Gris.)
(06-17-2017, 09:25 AM)Weasel Wrote: Ha, never knew that either, great stuff.  I always thought the first number was the attack value, and the second was the defense?  So in your first picture the Axis attack is 22, and defense is 16.  Isn't that correct?  I read 7.1 and 15.6.2 again and it does not mention which number is which (man I hate that manual, I think the best update they can do to the game is rewrite the manual), so I am not sure.

If you toggle the z key it changes it. The norm (when it is your turn) shows, Axis attack 22, movement 16. If I hit the z key I get 30=X, x meaning more than 99 CV. The units only have 2 digit placeholders.

attack CV - Movement Points. 

On defense attack CV = Defense CV

If you right click on the unit you can see the cv down to one decimal place. 21.0 attack, 61.4 defense. a movement of 50. Equals signs means attack & defense, dash means attack and movement. I created the image below to visually represent both modes. You also see the CV is in the pop up. Looking at the picture for the Soviet 48th in the prior postings and you can see the 1/12 CV and the 1/5 CV. Please note, the equal sign only appears on the counter on the map, to my knowledge, no where else. HotKey "z"

[Image: CV.jpg]

Agree, the manual needs an overhaul.
'Millions died or suffered in the mud of Flanders between 1914-18. Who remembers them? Even those with names on their graves are by now unknown soldiers.' - Mier Ronnen, Jerusalem Post, 1933 Gris
06-17-2017, 11:26 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-17-2017, 11:39 AM by Weasel.)
Thanks once again. Geez, maybe I should do the tutorial scenario again.

*Ok, I loaded up my save game and the nasty Germans were showing with an '=' sign, so I was correct in what I was saying, but wrong in my reference. The cut off 7th panzer division is showing as 21=47, so 21 attack and 47 defence.

**I was wondering why I wasn't seeing a detection level...FOW is off bone head!
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
06-17-2017, 12:06 PM,
(06-17-2017, 11:26 AM)Weasel Wrote: Thanks once again.  Geez, maybe I should do the tutorial scenario again.

*Ok, I loaded up my save game and the nasty Germans were showing with an '=' sign, so I was correct in what I was saying, but wrong in my reference.  The cut off 7th panzer division is showing as 21=47, so 21 attack and 47 defence.

**I was wondering why I wasn't seeing a detection level...FOW is off bone head!

27=47 (Att=Def) is correct

FOW is off by default, which I find odd for a wargame. 

Trust me, I looked everything up before I post. With the crazy manuals it does not take much to get confused.  Big Grin
'Millions died or suffered in the mud of Flanders between 1914-18. Who remembers them? Even those with names on their graves are by now unknown soldiers.' - Mier Ronnen, Jerusalem Post, 1933 Gris
06-28-2017, 01:09 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-28-2017, 10:05 PM by Currahee.)
For what it's worth, I'm now on Turn 86, 2-4-43, as Soviets, AI on "normal" difficulty....not a huge challenge, but lots of fun, and a good learning exercise.  Axis reached the gates of Leningrad and Moscow the first winter, but took neither; and in '42 made no real further progress, but didn't lose any ground to speak of.  Soviets busy forming all the more efficient corps units for a year; manpower doing fine, replacements exceeding attrition.  I may be able to gain some ground in '43, remains to be seen.  The Axis is hanging tough, and the AI uses "reserves" well on defense.  I doubt I'm really attriting him that bad...both armies will be in good shape when the mud dries in '43. Total losses to date, Axis 2,394,000, Soviet 7,229,000.

Of course, Stalingrad and Caucasus were never threatened, allowing me to move the Caucasus armies by sea through Crimea, to my southern front.  So territory-wise, I'm doing better than Stalin; however, the Axis hasn't lost the Sixth Army, and are not reeling, so you could also say they're doing better than Hitler. 

I've only built two mech corps, because I don't have the admin points to build motorized and mech brigades, which are the building blocks of mech corps.  I've been using almost all my points to build infantry, cavalry and tank corps.  I think I'll need more mech corps before I can utilize encirclement tactics.  At this time, when I do push the Axis back, it's one painful hex at a time.
07-04-2017, 11:57 AM,
Six more months have flown by, it's mid-August of '43, mud has long since dried, and Italy has withdrawn its forces from the east.  I (Soviets) have begun to push the German back from Leningrad and Moscow, and have retaken Odessa, using a couple of amphibious feints to assist.  With a couple of recently-formed tank armies, I'm threatening Rumania in the south, it would be nice to knock them out.  Each turn, my replacements have exceeded attrition, so I'm creating a steady stream of new units, although they're not much use until they gain experience.  The mechanized corps looked pathetic at first, but once their TO&E, around mid-'43, boosts their medium tanks to 160, they take off on steroids. 

Kursk didn't happen, although the German AI launched a threatening attack in that general area; I was able to get in front of him, and didn't suffer any encirclements.  Nor could I encircle him, had to be satisfied with slowly pushing back the bulge....my mech corps weren't yet mature enough to perform...

But it's interesting that except for that episode, the German hasn't attacked this spring/summer, even in clear weather; the AI has definitely gone over to the defensive, is husbanding its strength, and trying to hold territory.  It continues to use panzer and SS (at this point, panzer grenadier) divisions behind its lines as "reserves", rather than put them in the line; this makes it tough to punch through in those areas. 

I doubt my ability to make and gainfully use enough units to soak up my prodigious manpower reserves.  This is probably not a problem I'd have, if the German had taken Leningrad and Moscow.
07-04-2017, 12:58 PM,
Turns are flying by, you must be playing all day long! I have been busy working on scenarios and maps for SP for future release, Korea 1950.

I am still on turn 26 but I have destroyed 5 pz, 2 mech, and 3 infantry divisions at Smolensk and a total of 27 Axis units. Good thing Rommel is in Africa or else he would be my guest in Siberia right now. Losses at this point are 690K for Germany, 1.7M for Russia, at this rate Germany will bleed white by 43. Just about to start my counter attacks against Romania and in the north to take some pressure from Leningrad although all factories are long gone so it doesn't mean a whole lot anymore. Even "speeding up" my turns are still taking about an hour each.