• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Objective placement etc.
04-21-2017, 08:58 PM,
RE: Objective placement etc.
(04-21-2017, 08:02 AM)c00per Wrote:
(04-20-2017, 06:16 AM)Kool Kat Wrote:
(04-19-2017, 07:46 AM)c00per Wrote: I would have to agree with the above posts. The AI is for learning the game then go to real players for second game onwards as the AI is a waste of time and easily baited.

Gents:  Smoke7

I would never use the AI to learn the TOC series! Yikes  

Well I am not a reactionary personality and I do not see the problem with a new player playing the AI to learn how to use travel mode versus non travel mode for example, or how to lay a minefield with an engineer, or how to bombard a unit with artillery. I really think your reaction is over the top but I am sure others may agree with you. As for the best way to play the game is with a real person we both agree on that !
Peace

Hey Cooper: Smoke7

I've seen too many new players believe that once they beat the AI, they can effectively take on and be successful against human opponents. 

It don't work that way!  Smile

I think we are pretty much in agreement... so let's leave it at that?
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
04-26-2017, 02:39 AM,
RE: Objective placement etc.
(04-19-2017, 02:29 PM)Ricky B Wrote:
(04-19-2017, 03:14 AM)carl11 Wrote: thx Gents.....and that was helpful.

For instance, Ricky, when you say 'hold' order, do you mean as in  'fixed'(fixing) units?

No, not fixing. In the scenario editor, under A/I, there is Add Hold Order - versus Add Active Order which orders the units to move somewhere. Hold will encourage the units to sit where they are, but doesn't work nearly all the time.

Rick

Thx Ricky, that was very helpful...
Quote this message in a reply