• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Has It Been Changed in CMx2?
04-03-2017, 05:23 AM,
RE: Has It Been Changed in CMx2?
(03-28-2017, 10:22 AM)Westland Wrote: So if these are their only problems.The new CM has much worse problems.
US troops have not improved.The Germans attack with panthers, there is no chance for the US troops.In the new CM the Panthers are very cheap to buy.Equivalent US tanks are very expensive

I've used Firefly tanks with good results against Panthers and Tigers.
And other tanks can kill them as well in bocage environment.

It would be nice to see ATGs improved if they really are spotted so easily.

Infantry is much better now than in CMx1 games IMO.
turn based H2H with CMBN, CMRT, CM Black Sea, CMSF2, CM Cold War. Game engine v4.
Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2017, 06:26 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-03-2017, 06:43 PM by Westland.)
(04-03-2017, 05:23 AM)s_cm Wrote: I've used Firefly tanks with good results against Panthers and Tigers.
And other tanks can kill them as well in bocage environment.

It would be nice to see ATGs improved if they really are spotted so easily.

Infantry is much better now than in CMx1 games IMO.

Fireflys and Achilles are very expensive.You can only buy two or three.Or you give it all its points for it. But he panthers are always in the majority.Against tigers they are effective. But who buys Tiger in 1944?Too expensive and burst too fast.On the west and east front.

I have not been able to win with Fireflys and Achilles against panther and king tiger.

The AT must also build up faster.When unloading between trees they run around the trees in a circle.Instead of 2 rounds they need 6 rounds for it.They are, of course, quickly discovered.Other WW2 games make it better.For example the Men Of War series.
04-04-2017, 05:38 AM,
(04-03-2017, 06:26 PM)Westland Wrote: Fireflys and Achilles are very expensive.You can only buy two or three.Or you give it all its points for it. But he panthers are always in the majority.Against tigers they are effective. But who buys Tiger in 1944?Too expensive and burst too fast.On the west and east front.

I have not been able to win with Fireflys and Achilles against panther and king tiger.

I play mostly scenarios, not QBs. So unit costs don't mean anything. Scenario designer can freely make things as equal as he wants.
turn based H2H with CMBN, CMRT, CM Black Sea, CMSF2, CM Cold War. Game engine v4.
04-05-2017, 01:36 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-05-2017, 01:42 AM by Westland.)
(04-04-2017, 05:38 AM)s_cm Wrote: I play mostly scenarios, not QBs. So unit costs don't mean anything. Scenario designer can freely make things as equal as he wants.

A matter of taste.The most of the scenarios are long, unfair and boring.In scenarios, however, one knows always what the opponent has on material and troops.This makes the whole only to a chess game.I do not want to know what my opponent has to troops. This makes it much more exciting.